“Great place”

Piccolino
Ranked #87 of 2,598 Restaurants in Kiev
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Piccolino is about homemade pasta, fresh seafood, all kinds of mozzarella from Italy, a fragrant black truffle dishes and artichokes. Here you can enjoy Prosecco, which our sommelier has made to be the largest collection in Ukraine. The festival of Italian wines, Italian Grappa collection – will complement your evening. This year we received 2 glasses from the prestigious and reputable wine edition – Wine Spectator.
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed a fabulous filet mignon done to perfection, my friends had the pasta and were both equally impressed
Great service, lovely atmosphere and I would recommend this fantastic restaurant to anyone

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank N4852KFjonathanf

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We booked to dine here with friends whilst in Kiev, we arrived and were all seated outside. When we arrived there were only a few tables occupied. Eventually the 2 waiters looking after us brought our drinks over and then the wine to accompany our meal. We got our starters which tasted fine nothing special but all freshly prepared food. there it stopped, our plates were removed almost immediately after finishing our starters, individually, they did not wait until we had all finished. I think this is the way they do it here. We then waited and waited other tables filled up and were being served. The waiters kept walking by and looking at our table but said and did nothing. This was really wrong as there was not that many tables they must have known we had been sitting for a considerable amount of time with no main courses. As we were chatting we did not realise how the time was passing. We then noticed people actually leaving the restaurant ? When we checked we had been waiting over an hour from finishing our starters. We had just thought it was a normally slow service, we eventually got the attention of a waitress who was not serving our table. She went away to check, back with an apology as our food had been overlooked. We eventually got our food no apology from either of the waiters serving our table. When the food arrived at best it could only be described as average. My Salmon tasted and look like it had been reheated as the top was very dry. Clearly they had had a problem and just rushed our food out when they realised their mistake. When the food was finished we were asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu. We all said yes, then this is really where we started to get annoyed, no menus 20 minutes later we just asked for the bill and complained about the further delay. As the bill arrived so did the desert menus, what a joke. Then all hell broke loose free drinks being offered etc The restaurant manager was now on the scene. We declined the offer of a free drink and left. We advised our hotel of the situation as they had recommended the restaurant, the next thing we knew the restaurant manager through our hotel had offered us a complimentary meal for that evening. W thanked him through our hotel but declined as we had made other arrangements. He then appeared at our hotel with complimentary gifts and tried again to get us to dine there that evening. We declined again, but clearly he was upset and tried to recover the situation very professionally. All credit to him for trying.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Fine interior, friendly and polite crew, simple italian dishes. Didn't eat anything extraordinary. In my opinion it's only a restaurant for wine tasting.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I was staying in the Opera hotel just up the road and as usual I checked Tripadvisor for good restaurants near by. I found Piccolino and this is by far the best food I’ve had all week. Firstly the service was amazing, efficient but not intrusive, the food was outstanding and I recommend the seafood sauté with fresh asparagus on the side. I should say I preceded all this with chicken soup and bruschetta with tomato and avocado. Finally followed up with home made Tiramisu which was cut from a large dish in front of me.
I don’t come to Kiev that often but this will be one place that I surely return to on my next trip. Give it a try it’s amazing.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

There are excellent foods!
Greate service, good atmosfeer and great variety of delicious wine!

If you want to spend good time and eat something really tasty, this place for you!!!

Date of visit: January 2018
LaFamiglia_Ukraine, Управляющий at Piccolino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for visiting us!