“Beautiful Georgian Cousine”
Review of Mama Manana

Mama Manana
Ranked #97 of 3,084 Restaurants in Kyiv (Kiev)
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 11
Reviewed 5 September 2021

Love the food and the restaurant! Ira was our waitress and she was very professional, gave us some recommendations for georgian wine and was quick with the service! The food is amazing the vegan dumpling is good as the non vegan! Kachapuri was delicious and huge even the small one I took way! Red wine is a must and the cheesecake was one of the best I have ever tried! Creamy and not that sweet! Presentation was beautiful, plates as well!! Must go!! Make a reservation!!!! Definitely will come back!

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (89)

Reviewed 3 September 2021

Great food, excellent service, our waiter Adam was amazing. We good free appetisers and free deserts as well.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 11 August 2021

Visited with my boyfriend. Everything was amazing. The atmosphere and the food. We loved the cheese plate with wine. Delicious, and special thanks to Irina who was friendly and helpful, she explained all in English this was very good.

We will be back

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 23 June 2021 via mobile

Excellent food, as always. Some of my favourites include the hatchapuri, the khinkali with suluguni cheese, the eggplant rolls with walnut paste, the Georgian salad with walnut sauce and the chicken in white sauce. The service was also very good, with our first male waiter being particularly helpful and friendly.

The only annoying thing was that at the end of the meal, a female waitress/manager insisted that we write a review, even hovering over us and saying we should do it then and there and she would help us. In the case of such a great and well established restaurant, which already has excellent word of mouth, I felt such pushiness was unnecessary.

Date of visit: June 2021
Анастасия, Другое at Mama Manana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

I apologize for the inconvenience, it will not happen again. The whole Manana family is trying to make our neighbors comfortable комфорт Best regards, Restaurant Director, Anastasia 0639743941

Reviewed 20 June 2021 via mobile

The food was very good, highly recommended. The service was also initially very good. Then at the end we were pressurised to leave a review on trip advisor. More details to follow:
We initially had a friendly male waiter, who spoke very good English, and made good recommendations.
Then after we had finished the meal, a female waitress came to the table. I’m not sure if she was a manager, or was looking for a promotion, but it felt like she was a closer on a sale. After some final drinks, she asked if we wanted yet more drinks, and then gave us each a small card with a QR code for the restaurant’s page on trip advisor and tried to oblige us to leave a review there and then by saying ‘Drinks, then review?’ as though we’d agreed to both already. We said no to both, and that we’d leave a review later.
While this didn’t ruin the evening it certainly didn’t improve it. I felt (as this seemingly constant request for feedback from transactions always makes me feel) that giving custom to the restaurant wasn’t enough, and that we had some kind of obligation to give them feedback.

My feedback to Mama manana is don’t do this. Customers will give feedback if they want to. Pressurising them can lead to this kind of review that would have otherwise have been 5 stars.

Date of visit: May 2021
Анастасия, Другое at Mama Manana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

It is a pity that you took these very impressions with you. I would be very grateful if you contact me. Wait for your call or message in any messenger convenient for you. Thank you! Anastasia, restaurant director +380639743941