“Private Tour”

Bucharest & Romania Tours by Cris
Ranked #5 of 32 Food & Drink in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I am Cris, independent tour guide providing custom and personal tours in & out of Bucharest, including Jewish heritage tours, Communist history or food & culture tours. I invite you to experience Romania and discover top attractions on day trips and weekend getaways from Bucharest to Transylvania or the Danube Delta. I look forward to hearing from you!
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My private tour with Silvana was great! I learned a lot about the culture, food and history of Romania. One day was not enough, it is highly likely that I will go back to Bucharest. There is so much to see and learn about the city as well as the country of Romania.

All reviews
"spoke excellent english"
"long tour"
"excellent tour"

Reviewed 28 August 2018

My wife, daughter and I had a very informative afternoon walking tour of Bucharest with Andra. Andra was very knowledgeable and we especially enjoyed discussing the relationships between architecture, history, current events, and the social and political climate of the area with her during our tour. Our time in Bucharest was limited (just one afternoon layover before our flight the next morning) and touring the city with Andra allowed us to learn much more about the city than we could have in any other way!

1  Thank Ernest D
Reviewed 2 August 2018

I spent three days on a customized tour with Chris—one day in Bucharest and two in Transylvania. She was personable, knowledgeable, thoughtful, and organized. The detailed itinerary she planned included both the must-sees and some lesser-known areas. She managed to cover a lot of territory in a short amount of time and knew every nook and cranny of the places we visited. Chris offered much insight into Romania’s history, both distant and recent, and she shared interesting information about the culture and traditions of the people. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed 29 July 2018

First of all, in summary, Cris is a wonderful guide -- and I'm so glad we chose her to show us around Bucharest and Transylvania.

She was waiting for us at the airport and delivered us to our hotel in Bucharest. Cris pointed out some of the interesting Bucharest sites on the way to the hotel.

The next day we had a very long tour to Transylvania -- to Peles Castle, Bran Castle, and Brasov. Peles Castle is so crowded with visitors, but Cris was able to skip the line with us and accompany us around the castle. The tour group was large and she gave us more detailed information than the Peles Castle guide did. So it was a personal tour within the larger 'official' tour. She took us to lunch, then guided us around Bran Castle (there was no 'official' tour group there). Finally, we went into Brasov and wandered around before heading back to Bucharest. It was a long, tiring day, but we did so much with Cris, much better tour than we could have done without her!

The next day we did a 5 hour private Bucharest food and culture tour. We drove and walked, stopping at bakeries, pastry shops, a local deli store, and a very very large market with hundreds of stalls. Along the way we sampled pastries, cheese, meat, and more! She took us to an out of the way restaurant for lunch to sample a selection of Romanian foods.

The tours were so informative and it was fun to get to know Cris. I had never booked private tours before and couldn't have been happier with our selection of Cris. She's a gem of a tour guide!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My wife and I spent almost four hours with Christina. While not Jewish she was informed and sensitive to Jewish history. She picked us up at our hotel and delivered us back once the tour ended. In fact. I forgot my iPad in the bakery where we had a quick lunch. Christina dropped us off at a historical tour and proceeded to secured the iPad and bringing it to me. She was in touch with members of the current Jewish community who we were able to meet and speak with. We highly recommend her.