“Two excellent day tours and airport pickup”

Bucharest & Romania Tours by Cris
Ranked #5 of 32 Food & Drink in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I am Cris, independent tour guide providing custom and personal tours in & out of Bucharest, including Jewish heritage tours, Communist history or food & culture tours. I invite you to experience Romania and discover top attractions on day trips and weekend getaways from Bucharest to Transylvania or the Danube Delta. I look forward to hearing from you!
Reviewed 29 July 2018

First of all, in summary, Cris is a wonderful guide -- and I'm so glad we chose her to show us around Bucharest and Transylvania.

She was waiting for us at the airport and delivered us to our hotel in Bucharest. Cris pointed out some of the interesting Bucharest sites on the way to the hotel.

The next day we had a very long tour to Transylvania -- to Peles Castle, Bran Castle, and Brasov. Peles Castle is so crowded with visitors, but Cris was able to skip the line with us and accompany us around the castle. The tour group was large and she gave us more detailed information than the Peles Castle guide did. So it was a personal tour within the larger 'official' tour. She took us to lunch, then guided us around Bran Castle (there was no 'official' tour group there). Finally, we went into Brasov and wandered around before heading back to Bucharest. It was a long, tiring day, but we did so much with Cris, much better tour than we could have done without her!

The next day we did a 5 hour private Bucharest food and culture tour. We drove and walked, stopping at bakeries, pastry shops, a local deli store, and a very very large market with hundreds of stalls. Along the way we sampled pastries, cheese, meat, and more! She took us to an out of the way restaurant for lunch to sample a selection of Romanian foods.

The tours were so informative and it was fun to get to know Cris. I had never booked private tours before and couldn't have been happier with our selection of Cris. She's a gem of a tour guide!!

All reviews
"spoke excellent english"
"long tour"
"excellent tour"

Reviewed 22 July 2018

My wife and I spent almost four hours with Christina. While not Jewish she was informed and sensitive to Jewish history. She picked us up at our hotel and delivered us back once the tour ended. In fact. I forgot my iPad in the bakery where we had a quick lunch. Christina dropped us off at a historical tour and proceeded to secured the iPad and bringing it to me. She was in touch with members of the current Jewish community who we were able to meet and speak with. We highly recommend her.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We spent 4 days with Cris getting an insiders look at the "real" Romania. I had requested back roads and insight into to the life of the people, and that's exactly what Cris put together for us. Her knowledge of Romania, both current and historical, is impressive, and her love for her country and its people is very evident. She selected Brasov, Sighisoara and Sibiu for our overnight stops, and all 3 were fascinating. The hotels were above standard and spotlessly clean. Thanks to Cris we were able to sample local food and enjoyed the freshest cheese I've ever tasted from a roadside stand.Cris is easy to be with and we can't thank her enough for the insider look we got thanks to her knowledge, enthusiasm and expertise as a tour guide!

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Silvana Rapeanu was the best. She asked for our interests and made a walking tour through Bucharest specific for us. I loved about her that she is very smart, has a lot of knowledge and very good and critical analyzations. She explained so many things to us about the history of the city and the rise and fall of the communist regime in Romania. I really loved that she is critical and looks at every aspect, her explanations mirrored the complexity of reality (where actions and historic events are very complex and not black & white either). After that she even showed us a very nice restaurant and had dinner with us, followed by a visit of the coolest bar, where we danced together to great music. I really had the best time with her and I can recommend her highly! Thank you for that!
Best wishes