All reviewsmetro stationconvenient locationquiet roomwifi connectionstayed one nightthe hotel is cleanshort stayreception staffrooms are bigold towntaxisbucurestibrasov
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This hotel has quite a good location, the metro station is just a few steps away. The room was much bigger than I got used to in usual Ibis. I missed the tissues but on the other hand its a typical Ibis with good price/value ratio.

Attention! Avoid the taxis parking in front of the hotel!!! The hotel provides shuttle service (8EUR/PAX) to the airport in each hour but due to my eary departure I had to take a taxi. The airport is about 20km far from the hotel and that should have cost abour 30RON. Instead of that I had to pay 140RON. We parked near to the airport and the driver asked for the fare in advance. Just after the he had received the money he took me to the airport. I got out and he drove away quickly before I could look for a policeman. Of course, this is not the failure of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Satc0
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I booked this on our return from the countryside as a place to crash and have a shower before heading onto the airport so didn't actually stay the night. It's just a pretty standard hotel like your Holiday Inn, etc. Double bed was comfy, television had a small selection of channels ample space to throw down a couple of large suitcases and a couple of chairs and small table.

The en-suite was a little grubby - I hate to see tile grouting which is not clean, that around the shower and floor was going black. For forty pounds though you can't go too far wrong.

Location wise it it perfect for the Metro - you walk out the front door and the metro entrance is practically in the hotel car park. Coming from the main train station, just come out the front door, ignore all the taxi's and turn left, crossing one street, passing some flower shops a kebab shop and some empty shops, turn right on the Calea Grivitei (you'll see a Librarie across the road from you) and the hotel is on your right.

One thing we learned is if you book with Bookings.com - the hotel needs to charge you a second time as there is some fault in the system and they don't get their money. We thought thiswas our case until I realised I'd booked with Hotels.com and this was fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This Ibis Hotel Chain is akin to a European version of the Marriott chain in the US: cheery, consistent, bland. The front desk can give you maps and point out fun locations, assist you with car rentals, or scratch out directions to the train station. The rooms are clean and well-kept. The restaurant food isn't great, but the prices are reasonable and there are options for a variety of palettes. The bar is open 24 hours if you need a nightcap.

I have no complaints about my stay. It's easy walking distance to the train station (don't try to take a cab; they will assume you have no idea where you are and drive you around at random for a while before asking for 30 Euro - this happened to a friend of mine.) But if you're looking for a more authentic Romania experience, stay something else. This place is charmless beyond measure.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Meg H
Reviewed 28 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed at the Ibis Bucuresti Gara de Nord for one night at the start of our trip to Romania as we were arriving very late, needed to be near the station for a train later in the day, but also for access to the city.

The room was typical Ibis standard, limited storage, but clean and perfect for our needs.

We needed a room with 2 beds and both the Accor and Ibis web sites did not give details about the actual bed types for the “Room for 1 or 2 persons”, so I had to e-mail for confirmation …. and was told that these rooms have 1 double bed (why not describe these as double rooms?), so had to book the “1 double bed and sofa” option which was slightly more expensive and had a double bed and a large sofa bed.

Check-in and check-out were friendly and efficient and we were able to leave our bags in the hotel luggage room whilst we visited the city centre, before returning for our train later in the day.

The only drawback was breakfast, which in itself was OK, but over priced at EUR 9 per person.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family