“Short visit in Bucharest”

Ibis Bucuresti Gara de Nord
Ranked #39 of 170 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 28 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed at the Ibis Bucuresti Gara de Nord for one night at the start of our trip to Romania as we were arriving very late, needed to be near the station for a train later in the day, but also for access to the city.

The room was typical Ibis standard, limited storage, but clean and perfect for our needs.

We needed a room with 2 beds and both the Accor and Ibis web sites did not give details about the actual bed types for the “Room for 1 or 2 persons”, so I had to e-mail for confirmation …. and was told that these rooms have 1 double bed (why not describe these as double rooms?), so had to book the “1 double bed and sofa” option which was slightly more expensive and had a double bed and a large sofa bed.

Check-in and check-out were friendly and efficient and we were able to leave our bags in the hotel luggage room whilst we visited the city centre, before returning for our train later in the day.

The only drawback was breakfast, which in itself was OK, but over priced at EUR 9 per person.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Whenever I am in the area I have a happy feeling about the hotel remembering my 7 week spring internship..

It was a first time for me to see the "love ingredients" in the kitchen, the cooking there definitely has a lot of caring feelings for the customer.. the chief Mrs. Dana is a very kind lady.. I would not hesitate to invite my foreign and Romanian friends to enjoy a meal here.. a very supportive restaurant staff, attentive to details, embracing with kindness the customer..

Sincerity, seriousness, benevolence, cheerfulness.. very good teamwork throughout the hotel, in all departments.. my seniors were all veterans.. with eyes and ears wide open, always ready to help.. I got a bit jealous,on the front office staff, they were almost possessive with the customers..

I had a very fulfilling learning experience.
Thank you everyone!

Room Tip: I like the non-smoking rooms .. since I am a non-smoking person..
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed at the Ibis Bucuresti Gara de Nord Hotel for business purposes. My room was very clean and very comfortable during my 8-night stay. The room was more than adequate and convenient for me. My other business associates were also more than happy to stay at the Hotel. At the current price it was a very good bargain for all other guests also, I guess. The hotel staff were very helpful and they were all smiling. There was a very professional ambiance at the hotel as far as the management and maintenance of the hotel are concerned. Its location was not very far from the center center and the taxis and the metro station were almost just ouside the hotel.
I should also mention that breakfast quality was more than above average.

All in all it was a pleasant stay for me and my business associates.
For stays more than one week, the hotel provides great value for your money !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business