“Fabulous service”
Review of Hotel Christina

Hotel Christina
Ranked #1 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stayed in this hotel for several nights. The staff is extremely polite, friendly and helpful. They really seem to care about their hotel guests' comfort. I was helped with booking a tour, airport transfer, sightseeing tips, shopping tips, etc. The complimentary cheese platter and wine (all local produce) is a nice touch.

The rooms are very modern with a Nespresso machine, some cool gadgets (e.g. the shower head) and the TV has about 60 channels (most of them English speaking). The hotel is impeccable and the rooms are cleaned every day.

The breakfast is delicious with a large selection and eggs that are cooked to your liking. The pancakes are scrumptious! The day I was checking out I had to leave at 5am. The staff prepared sandwiches, fruits and coffee for me to take with me to the airport.

The hotel is located north of the city center on a quiet street. It is very easy to get to the Old Town e.g. by metro or bus.

I would not even think about staying in another hotel in Bucharest. A hotel with this standard of service is hard to find. I would book this hotel again anytime.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

I am glad we could help you plan your sites to visit, I hope the Christina Tour was to your linking and that you had the chance to learn many interesting things. Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review and if you are visiting Bucharest again, we will be more than happy to have you as our guest!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We are a group of 4 friends for whom Bucharest was the last stay on a 5 city trip by train from London.

We arrived mid morning exhausted having done the "sleeper" from Budapest on which the Romanian tracks ensured we got no sleep. Marvellous scenery however, and fascinating to watch the Romanian countryside go past at foggy daybreak. Hotel arranged a much welcome people carrier from Gare de Nord. Blazing hot day and too early to check in, we sat on their oasis of a terrace at the rear and took the complimentary cheese and wine, which was lovely.

The staff are all immaculately polite and helpful and cannot do enough for you. Dan the owner inroduced himself, and we chatted for a couple of hours, and I was fascinated in his descriptions of life before and afer the revolution. I could have talked all night. He is a marvellous, funny, gregarious fellow.

The rooms are spotless and comfortable, and there are no carpets in the building. This does make noise travel a little, as others have said, but I'm a super light sleeper and always notice anything like this. Excellent breakfast, with juice out of fresh oranges, not a carton. The only slight disappointment was that we were told we could dine on the terrace, so looked forward to this all day in the hot and dusty city centre, but on our return in the evening, there was a meeting till 10pm in the conference room, which gives access to the terrace. Consequently we ate in the basement dining room and were the only ones, which made it a bit solitary.

I would like to give a special thanks to Dan who went to extraordinary lengths to provide a collapsible wheelchair, as one of our group has very limited mobility. It allowed us to do a lot more than we could have done otherwise. An example of the passion he has for his business. We were extemely grateful.

The hotel also managed to get us on a tour of the Parliament Building by persisting when told it was full. They also arranged a round city car trip with a delightful guy called Jan, who had a brand new Dacia and gave a very friendly and informative commentary. His driving was a lot more reassuring than the normal taxis (very "Latin"!) so we got him to take us in and out of town that evening, and to the airport next morning.

The location is just a little out of the very centre, but compensation is a quiet side road, which is a relief after the chaos! We loved the city, and loved this hotel. I cannot imagine there is anything else remotely as good in Bucharest.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

I am very happy that you had a good time in Romania and you liked and appreciated Bucharest, a very lovely city especially if you know where to look. I’m sure you went back home with fond memories from your trip, traveling by train being an excellent way to get to see the country, even though, as you experienced yourself, the railway infrastructure in Romania can sometimes be irritating. Glad we could help you out and that your stay at Christina was a good way to end your trip in Europe. Thank you very much for your review; it was a pleasure to have you as my guests!

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I booked this hotel after checking reviewers opinions and I'm glad I did.The hotel is new and unknown to many, including locals.It is located on a side street away from traffic and noise.At first I was concerned about the safety of the area since some of the surrounding houses didn't look too well kept, but after walking around for a while I realized that the area is actually pretty safe and central.The hotel is beautiful, from the helpful staff to the modern rooms and the excellent morning buffet,included in the price.The restaurant is worth trying as well,and the complimentary cheese platter and wine on arrival were a nice touch.If you're looking for a boutique style hotel, away from the crowded areas of town,but still centrally located, this is the one.I'll also add a very reasonable price and free internet and you have a gem!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

You are right, this is the first impression of some of our guest, but if you get to know the area a little better you notice that the hotel is situated very close to three different subway (metro) stops located on two different lines, you have the fanciest lounges in the city at a stone throw away, five minutes walking to Piata Romana, one of the most busiest and central squares in Bucharest and all this with the hotel located on a smaller quiet street that is still very good illuminated and has fresh asphalt over it. We don’t believe in charging extra for services like internet, breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice, parking, nor for the first bottle of water and coffee machine in the room, using the computer in the lobby, printing, scanning, faxing, so always feel free to use them/ask at the reception. Thank you very much for your recommendations and review!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The accommodation, staff and food are all fabulous. From the complimentary cheese platter on arrival that highlighted local produce to assistance with even getting my clothing mended, I felt very welcomed and that they would do anything to accommodate my needs. The breakfast was delicious (included in the room rate) and they were able to store my luggage when I went away for a couple of days touring. I also took advantage of using the guide they recommended to me. As a solo traveller, I felt safe with him and found his commentary very informative. He was even prepared to answer some pointed questions about life in Romania. Initially I was only going on a tour of Bucharest, but then I indulged in having him take me on a tour of Sinaia, Brasov, Bran, Rasov, Sighosaura and Sibiu. I'd planned to travel by train, I'm so glad I changed my mind. You can contact Aurelian (my driver) via the hotel reception. I'm going back!

Stayed: April 2012
hotelchristina, Owner at Hotel Christina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review and recommendations! I’m glad you enjoyed the tour with Aurelian; as I am sure you found out, those are really nice cities, the best ones Transylvania has to offer. The trains in Romania are slow and they don’t reach certain places like Bran, robbing you of your mobility so I’m sure you made the right decision. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make your stay in Bucharest and Romania a pleasant one!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I'm coming now more than two years to the Hotel Christina and it is just PERFECT !!
The rooms are great, the stuff extremly friendly and helpful, the foot in the restaurant is delicious and at reasonable prices.
I've tried so many other hotels in Bucharest, but Hotel Christina is by far the best and I will continue to stay there.
I simply feel HOME.

A small comment: It would be nice if the could provide smoking rooms as well

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

I am happy to know we could be at your service and that you found what you were looking for in Bucharest! Thank you for your nice thoughts, it is a pleasure to have you as our guest for all this time, thank you very much for your reviews during the years, they are very much appreciated!