“Expensive, yet professional”

Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 59
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

All the food was very good to excellent, waiter was friendly and efficient, day was sunny and warm in their charming garden, other patrons far away from our table to enjoy some privacy. Lamb patty was particularly tasty, well grilled and pretty to see.
Everything was a bit too expensive, some things more than others. Tbe bill quickly added up to 550 kn for two adults and a small child, without any alcohol (three soups, two meat dishes with sidedishes and one entree, bottle of water, no desserts).
Turns out it was a spectacularly pretty afternoon in October to spend in their well kept garden, so the price was acceptable this way. Perhaps we save this place for special occasions when it is warm enough to sit outside.

1  Thank Goran K

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I was there for a business dinner, and the restaurant was largely empty, but service and quality did not suffer. The menu is not extensive, but offered a good mix of meat & seafood main courses. Cheese plate was the best!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We came here for a special meal at the end of our honeymoon. The welcome was warm, the restaurant was busy but not noisy and the atmosphere was great.

The red wine we wanted was not available so the waiter recommended an excellent alternative. The wine was poured with some theatricality and great attention to detail.

We chose from the meat menu and had a starter each (a warming tomato soup and a huge portion of prosciutto) followed by two steaks each perfectly cooked.

The food and service were impeccable and based on that this would be a solid 5 star review. Unfortunately there was an additional charge on our bill.

I had noticed the cover charge of 12k on the menu so I was aware that would be coming. I had also noticed a flat bread was 12k. We didn't order it so when it arrived I did wonder to myself if it would appear on the bill. When it did appear I was not surprised but I was disappointed. For me, charging for something not ordered is a real no no even if it is only 12k. I didn't complain about it or mention it and it wouldn't put me off coming again but thought it warranted a mention to others planning to visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The appetiser of mushrooms was very good as were the grilled mussels. The main course of grilled lamb with peppers and aubergines was excellent. Simply done and not overworked - it was all delicious. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My brother and I went in August and we're shocked at how empty it was given that it features a lovely garden in the heart of Zagreb and delicious food served by courteous attentive staff. He had the Croatian ribeye and I had the French rack veal chop. Both highly recommended.