“Fabulous authentic 1930's central apartment.”
other travellers have booked this property
Street view at the Main Square and the building Living Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Street view at the Main Square and the building
Living Area
View from the window of Ban Jelaic Square and Main market Dolac
Street view and the building
View from the window
Loggia balcony/ smoking area
Loggia
Kitchen
Kitchen
Sitting corner in the hallway
Hallway detail
Central market Dolac
Loggia detail
Street view
Central market Dolac
Ban Jelacic Square (Main Square)
View from the window
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
evansaway
london
“Fabulous authentic 1930's central apartment.”
Reviewed 2 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This is a large beautiful apartment minutes walk from everything you need to see in central Zagreb. The owner Duda is a delight to meet, kind, friendly and very helpful.

fufla
Los Angeles, California
“Outstanding - Simply, The Best”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My husband and I came to Zagreb for 2 weeks to spend the Christmas and New Year holiday with my family. We have always stayed at Hotel Dubrovnik across the street, and decided to try out a private apartment. All I can say is that it was truly the best experience ever, and I will never go back to the hotel again!

Duda is the absolute best host and took such good care of us. When we arrived to the airport, we discovered our luggage did not come with us; the airline needed to make arrangements for our luggage to be delivered later that night and, before we even met Duda, she was helping us with our lost luggage situation!

When we arrived at the apartment, she showed us around and how everything worked. She also gave us a loaner cell phone which was a godsend to us as my family is all in Zagreb and I didn't have to purchase a temporary mobile phone!

The apartment is stocked with everything you could possibly need. Towels, linens, blankets, pillows, all kitchen ware including dishes, pots, pans, glasses, coffee pot and coffee! There truly was nothing missing! The apartment also has a washer and dryer (which we used), hair dryer, ironing board, vaccum cleaner and the list goes on. There are blinds on the outside of the building which make the rooms nice and dark and great for sleeping.

We were there from Dec 21 to Jan 3 and got to experience the "Best Advent in Europe" and the New Year's Eve party on the square on New Years Eve. The Christmas Market was going on right under our windows and we didn't hear anything. I will admit, we did hear the band on New Year's Eve, but it ended about 1 or 2am and before you knew it, the square was empty. I honestly don't know what the previous reviewer complained about. We were there during the height of the party season in Zagreb, and there was nothing to complain about regarding the noise level. (On another note, I stayed at Hotel Dubrovnik at least 6 times in the past, and they have no black out curtains, and the noise levels at the hotel were significantly higher than at this apartment! Another reason i will NOT go back to the hotel!)

As all my family is in Zagreb, we had the opportunity to entertain them - instead of them always entertaining us! It was so wonderful to have family over to "our" place for a bite to eat, dessert and drinks. We entertained four times during our stay, something that is not possible in a hotel.

Duda is truly a wonderful host. She kept in touch with us via text and wished us a merry Christmas and Happy New Year too! I've never seen a hotel do that! I feel like I made a friend in Duda and I can assure anyone reading this review that we WILL be back to this wonderful apartment!

17 Jan 2017
Dear Helena,
Thank you so much for the great and detailed review. I am even more happier that you felt comfortable in the apartment and had a wonderful time and enjoyed Xmas festivities in Zagreb. I am also glad that you had the opportunity to invite and catch up with your family and felt like at home. I feel great about it. Hope to see you again! Thank you! Best regards, D.
cbianchi2...
San Francisco, California
“City Classic Zagreb”
Reviewed 2 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Owner Dubravka was very kind host, concerned about our comfort during our stay in her apartment in Zagreb.
Unit very nicely furnished and spacious.
True classic Zagreb apartment.
However if you want to sleep at night I can not in good conscience recommend this property.
Very noisy at all hours of the night: garbage trucks, street cleaning, delivery trucks, drunken people screaming under the windows until early morning.
Nearby clubs playing loud music, all this with windows closed!
Other than the noise ( it is a big deal to most) the property is nice and very central
Would not return to this location.
Again owner was very nice!

9 Jan 2017
Dear Cathy, thank you for the review. I will take it into consideration. I am sorry that you did not fulfill your expectations staying in the heart of the city during the preparations for the xmas time celebrations. I hope you enjoyed your time in Zagreb! Kind regards, D.
leonie r
Geraldton, Australia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Absolutely amazing - apartment wonderful, so unique in character, comfortable, welcoming and everything and more you could want. Location is superb and Duda is a very kind and generous host who genuinely wishes that you have an awesome time in her apartment and in Zagreb. If you are reading this review don't bother looking to stay anywhere else City Classic Apartment is the place to stay. Duda we cannot thank you enough - you are the best - a very kind, thoughtful and beautiful lady - we loved Zagreb, the apartment and wish only heaps of happiness to you and your family.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Aug 2016
Dear Leonie,
I am really grateful and pleased with your kind review. It was wonderful to meet you and Jenny. I enjoyed having the opportunity to get to know you both and hear about your beautiful family trip. Thank you for taking care and leaving the apartment in such a tidy and clean condition. I hope you´ve brought home a lot of memories from Croatia and your Zagreb days! Wishing you all the best, I hope to see you again ! Love, D.
Marvin O
Lincoln, California
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 12 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Duda's apartment for four days and it was a wonderful experience. From the start, Duda was very communicative and helpful. The apartment is her former family home and as such, it is well maintained and cared for and includes everything needed for a stay. The location is superb, right in the middle of everything, and still quiet and restful. The fact that it had an elevator, also was very beneficial. Duda arranged for taxi pick-up at the airport, she met us at the boundary of the pedestrian zone to guide us to the apartment, she arranged for a private guided walking tour with Petra (the best we have ever experienced) and she gave us all sorts of useful information. She truly loves meeting people and truly loves her former family home. Duda is the ultimate host and we appreciate the opportunity to have been the beneficiaries of her gracious hospitality.

mlo/sao

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 May 2016
Dear Marvin,
It was my pleasure to meet you. Thank you very much for such a kind and wonderful review, I appreciate it a lot. It makes me feel so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the apartment and in Zagreb. I hope you would bring nice memories back home and it would be nice to see you on another occasion again. All the best and kind regards, Duda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing