All reviews no lift great location rooms are basic first morning parking garage hotel is located tram line within easy walking distance main square nice hotel cathedral city luggage cereal receptionist ban croatia
Reviewed 1 June 2017

the entrance is via a dreary alleyway and staircase. Although in the heart of Zagreb there is little to see as this hotel as very few windows.
I had a room in the attic with two velour windows that ket in the early morning light. The bathroom was small and the water in short supply. There was no drinking water in the room and the TV had very limited channels.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2017

+ beautiful room (number 14)
+ breakfast is good, if a bit limited in choice
+ Internet is fast
+ central location to city centre (but extremely noisy!)
- nearest car park is 5 minute walk
- access to the hotel is via stairs only (appx 20 steps)
- first floor room access is via stairs only (appx 20 steps)
- in room 14, the bed shakes every time the tram goes by (between 6am and 11pm)
- at check-in, the receptionist was permanently talking on his mobile, which made things a bit awkward
- due to road works with pneumatic drills all through the night I did not get any sleep; the manager's response was "Room 14 is a quiet room. This is a city centre location. This is not our fault." Not once did she say "I am sorry to hear that" or offer any compensation

Room Tip: book a different hotel??? beautifully equipped - but NOISY!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

On my maiden visit to Croatia I was looking forward to seeing this hotel. My compadre took care of the booking for this trip so it was on him when I stepped into a very small, uninspiring hostel like room. In fairness the pictures of the hotel dressed it up to to be something that it wasn't from a room perspective so whilst we assumed the price was balanced for a stylish boutique hotel it had more of a hostel feel to it.

Breakfast was average and limited but enough to get you fuelled up for the day. Really well located and plenty of bars and restaurants within a short walk.

Special shout out to the staff who were very pleasant and helpful.

Would consider a return if priced accordingly.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I thought I had landed an absolute steal when booking this hotel. The photos make it appear to be a contemporary boutique hotel. Unfortunately are "superior" room was somewhat of an exaggeration. It was clean and had most of the features I would expect but it was pretty cramped. It is however situated in a great location, no more than a 10-minute stroll into the centre. There's a Spar next door and an ATM in the immediate vicinity. The staff were great too. All very friendly & helpful. Breakfast was alright, but I've had far better. As a budget hotel, I would easily have given it a 4 out of 5 rating, but the advertisement & pictures promised so much more.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 2 May 2017

art hotel like is one of the best hotels I have stayed in during my stay in Croatia. well designed and comfortable rooms, the staff are amazing.
the hotel location is perfect, most of the tourism places are close, public car park is available within 30 meters from the hotel.
i really liked the hotel and I highly recommend to stay in art hotel like> I am sure you wont regret it,

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple