“Good food, sloppy service!”
Review of RougeMarin

RougeMarin
Ranked #93 of 942 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I like going to Rougemarin for various reasons, the first being the food! I like the approach to menu creation, seasonal and monthly changes of the menu, the preparation of the food, but every time I increase the number of visits, the incompetence of the waiting staff does it for me, and I stop going for a while. Even though they are on vacation until next week, I can still not shake off the frustration with slow, uninterested, forgetful and inattentive waiters who work there. I have honestly never had a bad meal there; on occassion I was not as thrilled with some of the items on the menu as the description made me expect them to be, but overall, Rougemarin serves creative, well prepared meals.

O, I like the venue too, both the indoors of an old school classroom and the outside terrace!

So long Rougemarin, until I forget about how frustrating dining there can be!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

So, I came here with my boyfriend in hope of eating something and found out that there were more drinks on the menue then food. And the food that was offered was unordinary and wired. I mean, there was no steak, classic pizza or lasagne or anything you would expect in a non-theamed restaurant. And yes, the ambient was catastrophic. By that i mean lightning and furniture.

1  Thank Anja D
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Burger was not so nice,dry with basic bread...we expected much more of this place. On top of the fact that food is not so good, prices are too expensive. For sure we will not come back again.

1  Thank Goran S
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Maybe you will not believe me but this was a disaster. I hope this is just an exception but ...
Tomato soup was tasteless. I tried to find so many excuses for waiter to be "nadrkan" (Croatian term for very WTF waiter) but then he brought to me another course, risotto, that was uncooked, unsalted and portion was size of the ice cream ball (for price of 10€). Tuna was realy tasty and now you can see that I'm telling the truth.
Believe me, this is the first time I've experienced something like this in the Rougemarin but I have to write how it was.
Now I'm going home to cook sometnihg to eat.
Rougemarin, please, if you are planning to keep this level of service and food...sorry!

1  Thank svucen
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The burger you get here is intact just the minute it is put in front of you. With just one cut it is all over the plate. And you start enjoying the elements of it: the meat which is tasteful, but almost cold, a piece of tomato, small pieces of lettuce and the pink sauce all over the plate, and of course two compact pieces of dry buns which are not really in love with the rest of the burger. That is all.

1  Thank zcomments