All reviews comfortable and clean rooms small hotel boiled eggs free parking residential neighborhood quiet area city centre tram station breakfast included lovely hotel very pleasant stay old town croatia garage bakery receptionist
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Clean, basic room in a great location. Walking distance to the main tourist areas. This was in more of a residential neighborhood. Parking is included which was very helpful.
Elevator in building but must carry suitcases up a few steps to lobby. Receptionist was able to help us with this.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mootle
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

The Croatia is a small hotel in a quiet area od Zagreb. Take a 15-20 minute stroll and you are in the old town. Service is friendly and our room very spaciouse and clean with a comfortable bed and well functioning air conditioning. Breakfast was self service and sufficient. Parking is free.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Stayed as tourist for two days in May 2018, as others noted 15 min walk to main square in Zagrab. Good continental breakfast with boiled eggs. Rooms appeared to have been recently renovated (looked brand new to me), good shower.Room was quiet, but still recommend ear plugs since in city center. What's not to like for 55 euro a night?? Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TomIm
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I don't normally like big hotels as they tend to feel less intimate (but got a good deal so thought I would try it ) , so I've been really surprised by how much I've loved my week so far here. All the staff are absolutely charming and friendly. The location is perfect as it's set above the beautiful medieval village of Cavtat. There are several flights of steps down to the village which is fine for my friend and I, as we both love exercise. However they also have a buggy service for those who may find the steps a bit challenging. We have a Classic Room (one of the cheaper ones)which we are very happy with. Loads of storage space, lovely bathroom with power shower and so quiet. A great indoor and outdoor pool with a wonderful spa with steam room and sauna to chill in. We are here with breakfast included and the breakfast is AMAZING. So much choice and absolutely delicious. As I want this to be a balanced review, the only negatives I would have to say are that on the first day we had a salad at the outside pool bar/ restaurant which was definitely below par and the bread was stale so we didn't eat there again. Plus they need to upgrade their hairdryers as poor quality and takes ages for me to dry my long hair! That said, I'd highly recommend this hotel. From the outside it looks a bit of a concrete monstrosity but it's absolutely lovely and the staff work really hard to make one's stay as enjoyable as possible. A real gem and I have fallen in love with Cavtat!:)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cressida E
Reviewed 16 May 2018

This is a reasonably priced hotel with comfortable and clean rooms. Bathrooms are well appointed. It is very conveniently located a few minutes from the tram station and city centre too is not too far away to walk to. A small restaurant serves a satisfying, continental breakfast. There is a good restaurant, a bakery and a supermarket close by. Had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends