“Great food. Lovely view.”

Crystal Burger & Steak Ring Mall
Ranked #400 of 1,198 Restaurants in Sofia
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great food. Lovely view.
This is how i would like to summarize this spot.
One of the best steak house interiors I have seen. Exquisite, stylish, yet they have managed to keep the spirit of true steakhouse present. Their terrace is amazing and the panorama is fantastic.
The atmosphere is relaxed and the privacy is great. Great choice for an intimate lunch or dinner with your loved one. Great for family visits too.
It's in the heart of the Ring Mall which gets quite busy, but once inside the restaurant all the noise and fuzz goes away and the feel is of tranquillity, peace and exquisite style.
The food - as I'm always honest I will say that base on the interior and the reputation of the place I was expecting more. The salads were bland, the chicken in mine was definitely NOT grilled there and then (I think it came from those vacuum pre-grilled packs that they use in some of the cheaper restaurants. The taste is typical and based on my experience with food I don't think I could make a mistake on it.) The salad portions were quite small too. However...the main courses were perfect. We had both fish and beef and they were quality. I opted for a Bulgarian beef fillet steak and my companion chose the grilled sea bass. My one was meant to be medium, but they overcooked it and brought me medium-well done to well done.
Apart from the fantastic interior the other strong point of the Crystal Burger and Steak House is THE SERVICE.
All staff was very well trained, our waiter was fantastic. He was very professional, attentive and knowledgeable. Nailed the order, offered us to additionally debone the fish we ordered.
Went the extra mile and served us cake on the house (maybe they liked us a lot :-D)
Also, anticipated our wishes and requests, so ...service...GREAT.
Prices were OK, but based on the quality of the food we got I consider them a bit high.
I liked the place. Once they work a bit more on their food quality, it will be great.
All the gourmet signs and ingredients are there, but the food lets it down, so still not there yet.
I would still recommend it though. ;-)

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I wish I could say the movie was as good as lunch but lunch was much better. Our first trip to the ring mall was a pleasant surprise and lunch was the highlight.

I had a tenderloin (fillet in my book) that was cooked to a perfect medium temperature. It was great with a side order of sautéed spinach.

My wife had the “French” burger and also the sautéed spinach. She reports that the burger was delicious.

We shared a half bottle of Santa Sarah “Bin 41” Merlot. The Merlot was very nice.

The restaurant was clean and had a nice atmosphere. Service was a bit slow especially with the check. But overall the experience was very good.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

If you expect to get a big tasty burger here, you got the wrong place!
Firstable, I had to return it twice until they cook it to the desired taste and after, I found out it was all in vain!
Small, tasteless burger at too high price!
Not coming back!

1  Thank FoodiePan
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Well the topic says it all - my experience with their burgers was great. Those are one really well made burgers with the finest ingredients.

The restaurant is spacious with lots of tables and seatings. Also they have a great outdoor terrace if you want to eat and look at Vitosha mountain.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We eat here on a recent trip to Sofia. Stylish new restaurant in a great shopping Mall. We both ordered the Argentinian Angus steaks and they were excellent. Cooked perfectly. We had them with home made fries which were very good as were the desserts. Probably a little expensive by Sofia standards, but good value for money my UK standards. Staff were very attentive. We eat outside as it was a hot day. Would recommend.