“Crazy about their macro salad”
Review of Vegehana - CLOSED

Vegehana
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Ever since I tried the Vegehana macro salat, I have kept going back for more. The lovely fresh interior makes this place a perfect place to go alone for a moment of silence in a beautiful place, but equally good with friends and kids. Ever since X-mas, Vegehana's doors have been closed. I sure hope it will reopen soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I went there 3 days ago, hoping to finally eat a whole vegetarian meal in Sarajevo, and was dissapointed to see they're closed...:( I don't know is it permanent or what but I wanted for people to know...

1  Thank lunariae
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I used to go there a lot, by lately I can`t imagine myself eating there. The service is good, so is the food, but they have a poor menu with only some basic things, and I would expect more from the only vegetarian restaurant in the city. But the worst thing is that there is this elderly lady walking trough the restaurant and talking to the guests. She`s like their owner or something, but is creepy. She approached me few times. They were a god restaurant but their management has changed, and the whole place has changed. Imagine, sitting and eating and all of sudden some person (which is not a waiter, in a coat) comes to you and starts talking to you. Weird!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Whether you are a vegetarian or not, Vegehana is a definite must while in Sarajevo. (If you are a vegetarian this is one of the few vegetarian places you will find). It is located off of a main street in old town and as soon as you open the door and step inside you realize what a peaceful oasis it is. There is always interesting music playing (never too loud!), the lighting is wonderful and there are several small rooms in which to eat. You can also settle in for a long time with just a cup of tea if you prefer. Everything is made from scratch and is consistently great. My favorites are the pasta with mushrooms and the veggie cheeseburger (made better by ordering pomme frites with delicious homemade mayonnaise). I have been to Sarajevo many times traveling alone, with a few people and with larger groups and everybody who has eaten here always goes back many times. It's easy to miss Vegehana because of the location but once you find it you realize just how centrally located it really is.

2  Thank Anica8796
Reviewed 8 December 2012

There is a big sign outside that says organic food but I asked and from what I gather most of their stuff if not all of it is not organic.

The warm food was a bit cold. The sandwich was very good. The attitude of the server was arrogant. She was upset that I caught her short changing me -- but I gave her the benefit of doubt and am just saying it like this because of her attitude "bosnian people are not like that". I guess Bosnian people get less change than they deserve and say nothing. Not me :)