“VEGE for everybody”

Vegehana
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This restaurant is just amazing! This is my first vege restaurant in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The other restaurants have vegetarian meals as well as meals with meat. This one has all vegan food, and the cook does a really great job! Somebody who's meat eatter would not say that the meat he/she eat is vegan. Everything what your hearth wants to try is there! It is so tasty and delicious, big portions! It is also cheap and situated in the beginning of Bascasija old town. Everything a walking distance. Very comfortable to come with friends! I RECOMMEND IT! My friend from South Korea and I ate well there, and we returned the 2nd time. When we came the 3rd day, it was close because on Sunday it doesn't work.

1  Thank Leana-Istra

Reviewed 4 October 2012

This is a great restaurant in the heart of Sarajevo

I'm not a vegetarian, I love meat and cakes and unhealthy food.
But I reward myself with going to this restaurant every once in a while.

The people that work there are super-nice, the place is comfortable, is greatly decorated and has good music.

The food is excellent.
I especially recommend falafel and vegeburger.
And all the cakes, I mean all!

You will love it!

Reviewed 28 September 2012

It's so great to have vegan food in a city that serves mostly meat. The first day I had the vegan pumpkin soup and it was just okay but nothing great. I also had the seitan and it was pretty delicious. I could relate to the other reviews about half the things on the menu not being available because the first thing I ordered was the seitan sandwich and they told me they no longer have it. It didn't make much sense since they had the seitan and they had bread but then again I'm not a chef.......
For lack of knowing any other restaurants that offer vegan options, I came here a second day. The veggie burger was pretty awesome. It's vegan even though it doesn't say it's vegan on the menu. It was huge and very filling. It could easily have been shared for two people but I ate it all. Most everything on the menu is vegan except for a couple things that have cheese but they tell me that they can make all the menu items vegan. The macro salad was super fresh and delicious. I highly recommend it.
The space is great and they have WiFi. The staff was okay but not what I would call great service but I'm okay with that to get good vegan food.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

We had lunch there one day and it was perfect for that. Wouldn't recommend as a dinner place though... Try the ginger drink, very nice!

Reviewed 7 September 2012

My wife and I decided to opt for a vegetarian option to take a break from the meat-fest that is Sarajevo. We found Vegehana to be very bland and uninspiring (and unfortuately, a pricier alternative to all the meat in the city). The food isn't terrible, it's just very basic and bland. Nothing too creative to write home about. It's good for a break from the meat for one meal but that's about it - just glad I'm not a vegetarian living in Sarajevo.