All reviews heavy bags three night stay restaurants and bars clean hotel tucked away blloku area no elevator minute walk main boulevard close to the city center breakfast room skanderbeg square yogurt receptionist wifi functioning euro
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Just come back to the UK after spending 5 nights at this hotel. Room was a great size, but bathroom a little small. Staff couldn't have been any more accommodating. Great location near enough to the bars and restaurants in town, but far enough away not to be disturbed at night.

Would have liked a room with a balcony, mentioned this to the receptionist when leaving and was told we could request next time, so always good to know.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: It's a small hotel, you get the normal "Tirana tooting" from the cars, stayed in room 101 which we found pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Hotel staff very rude and irresponsible. Stayed only one night, after double room was booked and paid on the spot, but when we went back after a couple of hours, we were asked to pay extra because a second person was going to stay in the same room. It was a Double room, paid for the double room!! After insisting to at least pay the rest in the morning and get an invoice for it, we were offended by the night receptionist, who said "Don't think you will leave without paying". The hotel was overpriced as it was and we checked in very late and checked out early the next morning. But, the receptionist mentioned we would be the only guests for the night, so I guess that is why the attitude. Oh, and it was pricey without the breakfast, which we refused in the first place. 70 EUR for an extra tiny room without breakfast! Honestly, plenty of nicer hotels nearby in Tirana for that price or even less.Do not recommend it to anyone, due to the lack of honesty and rip - off attitude!

Stayed: January 2017
3  Thank Ona5
city08, Manager at City Hotel Tirana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear sir,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review for City Hotel!
I am sorry that you didn't have a nice stay with us, but please, to clarify the situation you claimed, I could mention that you chose and payed for 1 person in a a double room (52 euros). You came late in the midnight not alone any more, but accompanied by another person and you were asked to register the other guest that is mandatory for security reasons. You didn't want to register the other guest, breaking the rules of the hotel and (shouting at the receptionist in Albanian).
You were asked to pay the rest of the amount for two persons because you didn't declare the second guest at check-in.
You paid in total 62 euros, not 70 euros as you pretend.
It's true that there are other hotels in the area which are also listed in TripAdvisor. As you see there are more guests recommending our hotel than the other hotels, because of: Rate, Service. Location, Cleaning etc. We make mistakes and we have been helped and suggested by our international guests and we pretend to be suggested also by you as an Albanian more positively.
We are sure that you will change your opinion about our hotel and visit us again.
Our team will be very pleased!
All the best!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed my time in this hotel. It felt like staying in someone's house. The reception staff and the lovely Lady who made my eggs or omelette each morning were so friendly. The rooms were very modern and spotless. The location is excellent as the hotel is right in the City Centre and only a short walk to the city attractions. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in Tirana.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay very much. Staff are very professional and extremely helpful. I had 2 tours organized by the hotel and both were very good and on time. Breakfast is excellent, it has variety, it's fresh and delicious. My room was a bit small but had everything I needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tirana.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here three nights, was satisfied so I stayed one night again when returning from Valbona. Great location near trendy Blloku district.
Many great restaurants around. Everything within walking distance.
Breakfast is a buffet with limited choices, great value at 5€.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo