All reviewsclose to downtownoatmealfront desk stafffree breakfasthampton innmicrowaveconvenience
Reviewed 31 May 2013

In an interesting historic downtown area. The hotel was quiet, rooms were clean. Enjoyed walking in the downtown area. If you are not a fan of historic areas this is probably not where you want to stay. Fat Patty's acroos the street has excellent food and drink.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear have a better view. Some have complained about a railroad that the front faces. I was surprised to see the train was a few blocks away. If you are not a light sleeper I don't think the train would matter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I recently stayed at this property due to having business at AK Steel. This hotel has large spacious rooms and a friendly staff that will make you feel right at home. I usually get a room on the street side of the building due train activity on the opposite side. This property is clean comfortable and quiet. Our company chooses this hotel for the price.There is a restaurant dirrectly across the street called Fat Patty's that has good food and drinks. If your not into the bar scene there is a Itallian restaurant and a Bob Evans one block over.

Room Tip: Pick the street side if you like quiet. River side if you like train whistles.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Upon entering our room it was pitch black and every light switch I flipped didn’t work… after feeling my way across the room I found a lamp that worked. The room smelled so strong of smoke that my throat began to be irritated. Then bright and early the next morning around 7am or 8am we had housekeeping in the halls using walky-talkies at such a loud volume that it woke us up. There is no need to have the volume so loud on the housekeeping radios that from inside the room we can hear everything as if they were standing next to us. And then to top things off the bathrooms are equipped with toilet paper holders that don’t roll; is this really such a low budget hotel that they have to try to conserve toilet paper by using conservation holders? Rooms aren't worth much over $40 a night at the tops.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madimorg
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Old tired hotel. No hot water, even after 20 minutes, was moved to another room the following day. Bathroom fixtures have not been replaced since the 70's-80's? Breakfast was adequate. Friendly staff and great location- 2 blocks from the Ohio-Kentucky bridge. Good eats across the street.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DrDialtone2001
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I had recently stayed in Ashland on a business trip for my company. Though I had no say so in the matter I wasn't really looking forward to the stay based on the reviews.

When I arrived the staff was extremely friendly and I really appreciated frontdesk's help. Since they had restricted number of microwave and refrigerators and my company didn't request one. They were still nice to track one down for me. This showed me that the hotel cares about customer service.

As for the room it was a nice clean room that smelled fresh and the bed was comfortable after a long day's journey. I personally had no problem with hot water.

And the fitness center was a nice accessory for someone that had a long day and needed a stress reliever.

This was my first trip to Ashland and I liked how everything was accessible and within a 15 mile radius! I have to say this was a good trip and I look forward to coming back and staying at the Plaza!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business