“Teamo Hostel-Papeete, Tahiti”
Review of Teamo Hostel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Papeete
Teamo Hostel
Florida
“Teamo Hostel-Papeete, Tahiti”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

If you do not want to spend a lot of money, this is definitely the best deal. My friend and I stayed in the women's dorm. The dorm apparently has 2 permanent residents, one of which has insomnia and Is up and down (it seems) all night long. She also turns the light on in your face.

The staff is helpful, although English is somewhat limited at times and will do whatever they can to help you. The owners' daughter is very fluent in English. I am from Fla. so roaches would not bother me and I did not see any. I will be back to Teamo with my next visit.

Room Tip: The individual rooms are not very expensive and would be best for a couple or family.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sallyfocruises
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Not too friendly place and the room is very small for that price you expect definitely better conditions.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Razvan P

Travellers are raving about these Papeete hotels

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 25 July 2011

It is probably indeed the cheapest place to stay in Papeete. But it is also the dirtiest and with the most unfriendly staff!
First: The dorm was stinking when I got there. The staff member said it was probably from some rotten food lying somewhere behind the fridge. I thought: "well I can live with that." and went to take a shower.

Second: As I got back from the shower and start to unpack my things, I see a cockroach crawling next to my pilow. I scream and then see another one walking around the room, and another one walking on the wall.... The other guests said they had gotten used to it already!!! I went to the reception to complain about the roaches, but they said that there was nothing they could do about it, and if it was a problem to me, I was free to go...

Of course I left. And they charged me 6 euros for the shower.

I will never stay in that place again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brinschka
Oregon
Reviewed 21 May 2011

We really had very little interest in Papeete, after having spent time in the Marquesas and Tuamotus, but had to overnight here twice for flight connections. Teamo Hostel turned out to be an excellent choice, in terms of cost, convenience, and quiet. It is an easy walk to the public market and waterfront, and the owners are amiable and helpful. They will help with airport pickup/delivery, at a rate comparable to the taxis. They also have a secured luggage storage, which made it easy to do an overnight to Moorea on the ferry, unencumbered by bags.

Room Tip: The best room, if available, is #12 upstairs.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank oregon52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Papeete
3.2 km away
3.8 km away
Hotel Sarah Nui
Hotel Sarah Nui
#4 of 7 in Papeete

Been to Teamo Hostel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK