“Run down”
Review of Club Fiji Resort

Club Fiji Resort
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Nadi
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Run down is the best way to describe Club Fiji Resort. We stayed there from 1/23 to 1/29 for my husband’s birthday. Standard Bure Rooms do not have clock/radios, tv, air conditioning, irons, bath tubs or phones. The Bure’s do not have regular windows either which became a problem due to the cyclone passing through. Rain was coming in and wet the bed; I could tell this was not the first time this had happened because the bed and pillows all smelt like musty, mildew. I moved myself to the small futon on the other side of the room and my husband took the dry side of the bed. I would have liked to move but he didn’t want to. The ceiling fan in the room hadn’t been cleaned in a very long time, the room needs to be painted and the shower curtain needs to be replaced it was covered with mildew and had holes in it.
The beach is not as nice as the photographs depict. It is very rocky and it is not suitable to just go swimming in. The little pool is okay but it really needs to be updated. The paint on the tiles is coming off and you find it floating all around.
The main restaurant and bar do offer quite a bit of choices as far as food goes I thought it was acceptable not anything to rave about. The pizza bar was also decent with its offerings and quality.
The staff are very nice although none of them seemed very enthusiastic about anything. I did speak to a local person and he had mentioned conditions at Club Fiji changed once the new owners took over.
If you think that you are going to walk from the Club Fiji to town think again. The road is not paved and it doesn’t seem safe with the way people drive there. You will have to take a taxi if you want to go anywhere.
If you are looking for a place to do nothing and do not care about your accommodations then this is the place for you. The next time I’m in Fiji I’ll definitely consider spending more and staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rori74
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was our last hotel stop after island hopping around Fiji for three weeks. First impressions on the bures was a little worrying especially as we had been use to 4 star hotels/bures on our travels. The bures are very shed like looking and it was the first time we had to have nets over our bed. On our first night we had to kill a massive cock roach so was a little alarmed the first night but once I realised that the net was going to do its job i then relaxed. In the end we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 days there before we flew home. It was a great astomphere in the evenings sitting around the bar meeting different people. The food we had there in the evening was really enjoyable too. At the end of the day it was very fijian and so that was cool.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JARVIS26
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We arrived at club fiji thinking we had booked the all inclusive deal with accomodation and food. After a 22 odd hour flight from the uk on our way home to nz the last thing we wanted was an argument about the fact our dal did not include food at all but they would give us a $100 off our total bill at the end of our stay! Total rubbish! Half way through the conversation the supervisor at reception pretty much decided the conversation was over and refused to speak english to us anymore and walked off leaving us feeling ripped off and not even knowing where our room was! The staff were nice, if they knew you had money to spend, this was obvious throughout our stay. Also on our second day we had a few moonlight drinks on the beach only to find that in the morning our legs and feet had been totally swarmed by red ants whilst we were sat on the beach with our feet in the sand! I had over 600 bites- do NOT put you feet in the sand on the beach! The day afte we counted 5 red ants nests all along the beach where the umbrellas and loungers are. We were not the only ones to get horendously bitten either and the staff just eithet pretended to be shocked (as if theyd never seen it before with that many nests on the beach!) or told us to be more careful! The meals are $30-$50 in the restaurant and the pizza place is ok but you get sick of it if youre on a budget. We had red ants, geckos, frogs and sandflys in our stinking hot room and the was nothing for familes to do apart from the pool and there were no boarpt trips or snorkalling trips running the entire week we stayed as the boat wa broken! Useless! Club fiji is a let down! Spend the extra money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkiQueenstown
Reviewed 23 January 2012

we only had 5 days for the island paradise of Fiji. therefore we chose a location close, but not too close to the airport, since travelling back and forth to an island takes quite some time off ones vacation.
the resort is beautifully set at the beach, green smooth grass around the area, sandy beach (not ideal for swimming due to shallow water but excellent for a bath in warm water), nice and helpful staff, beautiful spacious cottages and a real bargain!
Free WiFi is available at the pizza place on the grounds (witch does actually way more than pizza) and the open restaurant and bar are nice to have a drink and the food menu is excellent.
The airport can not be heard and the place is excellent to take day trips as well as on the main island as also to the islands or scuba diving etc.
So if you do not wanna ruin your back in a crappy bunk bed and still not pay much, go there!

Room Tip: we had the first cottage after the restaurant. short ways and beautiful ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Bula! Nadi Club Fiji Resort is soOo good. This is going to be a really long winded review but bear with me at least you'll know its a good place and here's why. I spent my 21st birthday there with my lovely boyfriend Sam (if it matters I'm of Philippine descent and Sam is caucasian). I know its summer in Melbourne when we left but the sun in Fiji feels softer on your skin as well as humid since we came in rainy season. We stayed 5nights and the staff were very polite. Mere always has a pretty smile on her face at the reception and Miri is always kind when we ordered breakfast. Tonga is very bubbly and fun to hang out with at the bar and Kuki too (I apologize if I have spelt your names incorrectly). There are a lot of things to do at Club Fiji. Heral took us out snorkeling (which is free) and I was like a cat in water and wanted to hop right back in the boat. He also helped us grab a kayack for two into the beach but if you're like Sam and I and don't play well with the other kids, they also have separate kayacks for just one person. Its my first time kayaking and snorkeling so don't be afraid to try it (it's also free here!). The rooms are spacious and I was a bit anxious when I read the bad reviews and then when we arrived we thought people complained a little too much. To each their own I suppose. I'm not a fussy girl and I enjoy seeing the frogs at night and the birds flying about. I found one cockroach but I let him in and then let him back out. There also geckos or lizards I'm not sure what but they're very cute and run away when you get too close so don't worry about the animals if you're scared of them, they'll probably be more scared of you. If you pay the resort $5 FJD you can get a ride (there and back total) for a strict time into town but it's cheaper than a taxi which would cost you about $30 FJD return. The food at the club is a little expensive for us because we're only students finishing our degrees and have lived off our scholarship money and savings to come here and relax. The food is really good though in my opinion, so don't think its gone to waste (I ordered the same pizza from JBs three times in 6days!). If you go into town I suggest you stock up on cold drinks since you have a fridge or at least we had a fridge and a hair dryer. We also had a couch, a big chair, a wardrobe, tall mirror, ceiling fan and a separate fan, and there's a separate bathroom in your room - my point is once I spent $80 AUD to stay in the city in Melbourne for a night and all I got was a bulb, four walls (no window) and a bed, in other words a very claustrophobic room. Anyways town is nice but watch out for cars and try to be stern with people who tell you to get into their shop. Almost everyone is pushy about selling but I guess we do that too but in a different less aggressive way although I did like the haggling experience. A trick is to go at the lowest possible price and then settle for what you think is appropriate. One shop guilted us into having kava and a small welcoming ceremony in their shop. We were told we were pretty much ripped off but I think I liked being welcomed like that. They didn't push for us to buy anything either but we would've given them money just for the drink of kava and showing me how to wear a sarong. They have a pool and hammocks at the club. I spent most of my time reading novels in the hammocks because I am a very lazy person. If you're bored though the reception can help you organize activities to do. Some at the resort are free but you can book other stuff like a mud bath and walking around the sleeping giant at a price which includes your transport and such. Our driver, Singh was very nice, funny and patient when Sam and I took a tour around the sleeping giant and the mud bath. I wanted to mention that the people staying at the resort at the same time as us were also really friendly people (I'm scared of racism) which made my stay even better. I didn't even get yelled at when I caused a fire hazard as I decided I wanted to light 21 small candles shoved in a slice of chocolate cake on the night of my birthday but Sam didn't know he got trick-relighting candles and we just kept blowing and blowing. It's something to laugh at though. My point is the staff is really nice. We might come back on our honeymoon one day. I really love it here. Vinaka Club Fiji Resort!

Hermagne (pronounced her-main like champagne)

• Stayed: January 2012