I've stayed here twice - once travelling solo and the second time with a good friend.
I'm a keen surfer and the location is the closest (and cheapest) you can stay to Fiji's best reef breaks (Wilkes, Restaurants, Namotu, Cloudbreak) without having to stay at the bigger resorts.
The accommodation is basic but very clean (Mosquito nets come handy!) and you're usually too busy surfing and diving during the day to stay indoors. The food is basic but fresh with local produce and generous servings.
There is also a pool and new quarters since I last stayed and hopefully the internet speed has picked up, although it is Fiji...
The owners are a Fijian and Japanese couple, with Ben the Fijian husband giving good tips on surfing the breaks and Naoko the Japanese wife a very accomplished Dive instructor. For this reason the Hotel is dual lingual for Japanese and English - I have stayed with guests from Mexico, South Africa, Japan, Croatia, New Zealand, UK and the USA.
On my second trip my friend, who is not an experienced surfer came out to try out the breaks with one of the instructors. Unfortunately the instructor was not properly trained or accredited and it was a less than satisfactory experience for my friend.
So take note if you are not an experienced surfer, you may not get the most out of your time there. However the diving course is well respected and there are Fishing trips, day trips to the Markets, Horse Riding and snorkelling trips all available.
There's usually some night time sing alongs with the Fijian staff and a Kava session every few nights, which is always a lot of fun and a good time to bond with fellow guests and share some travel stories and tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 40 minutes from Nadi airport, on the stretch of quiet sea front. World class surfing and diving sites, which takes 1 hour by boat from Nadi are just 10 minutes away. Locally owned and managed operation, Rendezvous offers the perfect mix of Fijian style tales, gourmet meals and comfortable accommodation showers styled to the natural unspoiled surroundings. Powerful uncrowded surf combined with Fiji's Natural beauty and dive spots gives you more than a 'surf camp' experience. Suitable place to stay in Fiji with Budget accommodation for backpacker travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Rendezvous Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surf & Dive Rendezvous Backpacker`s Hotel Nadi
- Surf And Dive Rendezvous Backpacker`s Resort