“Unprofessional Service”

Nadi Downtown Hotel
Ranked #19 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Nadi
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I booked this Hotel from Australia through booking.com for two nights. My flight arrives Nadi at 6.50pm so i requested late check-in. My booking was confirmed and i got the confirmation number. So I arrived to the hotel around 9.00pm. Upon arriving the Front Office Staff (Fijian Lady on 7th October 2016) told me that they don't have my booking so i showed her the booking confirmation which i received from Booking.com. She did not attempt to see the confirmation and told me that this room is booked out. If i want to stay in the hotel than i have to pay extra which will be next category. I told her no problem i will find some other for a night.

Next day I booked again but this time through Agoda and i paid through Agoda as well. After i got the confirmation gave a call to the hotel to confirm if they have received my booking and again i will be late checking-in. Unfortunately same Fijian lady was on the shift. I told her that i made a booking and if she has received it. Again she told me that they are booked out so i told her that i got the confirmation and already paid. She said why I paid and when they are booked out so i told her Online Travel Agent is showing room is available also i will be coming at 9.00pm. Without thinking that i already paid they told me that she cant hold the booking as it is first come first service and they dont handle agoda booking.

I told her that this is unprofessional as at first stage it shows room is available than charge my credit card and sends the confirmation. After all this than i introduce myself to her that i also work in a Tourism Industry in Fiji and the reason you telling me is ridicules. After this she same time agreed to hold the room for me but still till 9.30pm or else she will sell the room not realizing that i have already paid the room

Upon arriving she told me that she has cancelled so many reservations and I told her that if you are booked out than put stop sell in the extranet. Who ever is handling they Online Travel Agent so update this to avoid this issue. The funny thing was she started blaming her staffs and saying they are stupid and dont know their job and me thinking who is saying all this.

After all the hassle when i came to the room i found out that the room got foul smell and look dirty.

On 9th October 2016 came to check out had to wait for more than 10 minutes for someone to come and do check-out. After long wait a Indian boy came to do check out from out side seems he was chatting or roaming in the town. He told me to wait as he has to go and check the room before he can do the check-out. So be prepare to wait at the reception for the check-out as you even cant run away as they holding $50.00 key deposit.

In short when ever you book this hotel than do call and check if they got your booking or else you have to find some other place as they might get booked out.

Room Tip: I cant recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kitz20
Chandar P, Front Office Manager at Nadi Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Greetings from Nadi Downtown Hotel,

Firstly I like to thank you for your feedback and provided us information about our service that was offered to you by our reservation front office We have investigated and have taken actions on our staffs. Our priority is your safety and making your Fiji Holiday a pleasant one. We have now changed our front office staff and now our central bookig system is better.

You are most welcome to stay again with us and see the difference of our service which you have experienced in December.

Thanks and looking forward hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Excellent service made us feel at home. Excellent customer serivice by the night shift staff. Miss you all. Hope to stay again with downtown in our next visit. Excellent package deals were offered. Enjoyed our short stay. Vinaka vakalevu

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Nãåz A
Chandar P, Manager at Nadi Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thanks for your feedback and looking for seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

There are few hotels in downtown Nadi and The Downtown Hotel is one of the best. Friendly staff, reasonably priced drinks and the best fish lolo I have ever experienced. If you happen to find yourself in Nadi, this the place to be!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aloysius M

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Excellent hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Very affordable and budget saving hotel with good service. I would rather say it is home away from home. Really worth living in Nandi. Its Director Mr Chander Parkash is very hepful and good person. I still remember him.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Thank Dr. Harinder Pa... S

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

I stayed in the Nadi Downtown Hotel in 2013 and found the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel, once a backpackers hostel, has been renovated quite successfully, and is a convenient and comfortable place to stay when in Nadi. It's a budget hotel, so it is unfair to expect all the creature comforts of a 5* hotel, and is good value for the price. It is the most comfortable of the 3 budget hotels in the area, one of which is out near the airport.

Room Tip: The ground floor room can be a bit noisy at night, at times.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Nadine A

Thanks for your feedback and looking forward seeing you again with better service.