Grand Melanesian Hotel
US$ 92
US$ 121
US$ 90
  • Pool
Aquarius On The Beach(Nadi)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
US$ 85
US$ 42
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
US$ 33
Bluewater Lodge(Nadi)(Great Value!)
US$ 24
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Uh! this hotel is so pathetic i stayed for two noghts but different bookings.
because of the flood i had to stay there the first night i got my room for $80 no tv but 5 beds so thats something good.
at 4 am in thr morning there was loud music and fijian people partying away. they even have a stripper.how disgusting.
Than the next day i checked out came to see my house the water had receded we went and had our breakfast at my aunts place.
than later in that day we came into the house bt at nite we had to revacate the house this time we went to capricorn which $125 including breakfast.
bt we thought to go to melenasian again and this time i saw the strippers in action so i booked a night for $100 exclusive of breakfast.
the service was good bt nt for families. the nxt day we checked out and has our breakfast in MCDonalds

Room Tip: take a room behind the reception
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AAbhishay
Reviewed 25 January 2012

A good hotel, value for money.I stayed there for a week with my son,daughter in law and grand daughter.Nice clean hotel,beds were changed and room cleaned every day.Very helpful staff.Good location as food could be purchased from several take away places next to the hotel.I would recommend this hotel to my friends.A good budget hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for air con rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2011

The service at the reception is non-existent. You have to pay a $20 deposit for your bath towels (for your room!) and god help you if you are staying the a few days, because they won't change the towels! No hand towels in the room. Just one pair of mismatching cups, and non-working TV, which after complaining to the reception, was told someone would come around soon to have a look (no one did). Couldn't sleep all night due to the traffic and the noises coming from other rooms. Booked for 2 days but couldn't take it anymore, so we checked out the next day and went elsewhere. Was lucky to find another hotel nearby, which cost about the same but excelled in service and cleanliness.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scuzzy1973
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I really need to start checking reviews before I book a strange place on line!

The staff was really friendly, BUT.....

I booked my room in September via a link on the Air Pacific web site for an over night layover enroute to Auckland. My credit card was immediately charged. When I arrived in Nadi it took three phone calls over the course of an hour to get the shuttle to come pick us up.

The hotel had no record of our reservation. I showed them the confirmation email I rec'd from Air Pacific and three staff members puzzled over it, speaking Fijian, for several minutes. In the end I was told that I would have to pay for the room again because they had no record of the reservation. I was told that Air Pacific didn't notify them of my reservation. I asked for a letter explaining why I had to pay again so I could try and get reimbursement from Air Pacific. I was promised I'd have the letter as an email by noon today. It's now 10 pm and I don't have it. I doubt I ever will.

The hotel building is concrete block construction. The double bed mattress was pretty worn out, but the sheets were clean if you ignored the cigarette burn holes. The roaches were varied, but all were slow. One of the staff came and sprayed roach killer all round for us. That, and a towel stuffed under the hall door, seemed to keep any others at bay.

Bottom line.......avoid this hotel! And don't book a hotel through the Air Pacific web site, go directly to the hotel web site if they have one. If they don't, you probably need to look for one that does. And, avoid any hotel that has "Grand" or similar superlative adjectives in its name.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlaskanMariner
Reviewed 2 December 2010

The hotel is on the mainroad, so it is noisy. It is close to the airport, not in a nice place. The rooms are not nice. The hotel is promises, that they pick up you from and to the airport. But if you are not very-very-very self confident, you won't get it. (2010 November)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo