“Cheap and Perfectly Located”

Grand Melanesian Hotel
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Apia, Samoa
“Cheap and Perfectly Located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Im a traveller that is hardly at the hotel. The only time I need to be there is to shower and sleep and that means no more than 8 hours per day. Which also means its completely a waste of money to spend more than you have to.

The location of this hotel is perfect. It is close to the airport, close to 2 shopping haven - denarau, nandi town as well as most of the sightseeing places. Unlike other hotels, the GMH is surrounded by restaurants (so no need to eat in the hotel), produce market (5 minutes walk), health clinic, supermarkets and perfectly located to catch the bus' to either nadi, lautoka and suva

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank sandy_feet80
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nadi, Fiji
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Uh! this hotel is so pathetic i stayed for two noghts but different bookings.
because of the flood i had to stay there the first night i got my room for $80 no tv but 5 beds so thats something good.
at 4 am in thr morning there was loud music and fijian people partying away. they even have a stripper.how disgusting.
Than the next day i checked out came to see my house the water had receded we went and had our breakfast at my aunts place.
than later in that day we came into the house bt at nite we had to revacate the house this time we went to capricorn which $125 including breakfast.
bt we thought to go to melenasian again and this time i saw the strippers in action so i booked a night for $100 exclusive of breakfast.
the service was good bt nt for families. the nxt day we checked out and has our breakfast in MCDonalds

Room Tip: take a room behind the reception
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AAbhishay

Travellers are raving about these Nadi hotels

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

A good hotel, value for money.I stayed there for a week with my son,daughter in law and grand daughter.Nice clean hotel,beds were changed and room cleaned every day.Very helpful staff.Good location as food could be purchased from several take away places next to the hotel.I would recommend this hotel to my friends.A good budget hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for air con rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

The service at the reception is non-existent. You have to pay a $20 deposit for your bath towels (for your room!) and god help you if you are staying the a few days, because they won't change the towels! No hand towels in the room. Just one pair of mismatching cups, and non-working TV, which after complaining to the reception, was told someone would come around soon to have a look (no one did). Couldn't sleep all night due to the traffic and the noises coming from other rooms. Booked for 2 days but couldn't take it anymore, so we checked out the next day and went elsewhere. Was lucky to find another hotel nearby, which cost about the same but excelled in service and cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Scuzzy1973
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

I really need to start checking reviews before I book a strange place on line!

The staff was really friendly, BUT.....

I booked my room in September via a link on the Air Pacific web site for an over night layover enroute to Auckland. My credit card was immediately charged. When I arrived in Nadi it took three phone calls over the course of an hour to get the shuttle to come pick us up.

The hotel had no record of our reservation. I showed them the confirmation email I rec'd from Air Pacific and three staff members puzzled over it, speaking Fijian, for several minutes. In the end I was told that I would have to pay for the room again because they had no record of the reservation. I was told that Air Pacific didn't notify them of my reservation. I asked for a letter explaining why I had to pay again so I could try and get reimbursement from Air Pacific. I was promised I'd have the letter as an email by noon today. It's now 10 pm and I don't have it. I doubt I ever will.

The hotel building is concrete block construction. The double bed mattress was pretty worn out, but the sheets were clean if you ignored the cigarette burn holes. The roaches were varied, but all were slow. One of the staff came and sprayed roach killer all round for us. That, and a towel stuffed under the hall door, seemed to keep any others at bay.

Bottom line.......avoid this hotel! And don't book a hotel through the Air Pacific web site, go directly to the hotel web site if they have one. If they don't, you probably need to look for one that does. And, avoid any hotel that has "Grand" or similar superlative adjectives in its name.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple