“Not good at all!”

Horizon Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 28 Speciality Lodging in Nadi
Reviewed 16 February 2012

As a Flipino, I know all about "cheap places," after my culture makes an industry out of it! However, this place is actually pretty high for being "cheap," and the service offered is little to nothing. They will come get you from the airport (to get money from you) but once they have the money, you can get your own way back to the airport. Bad ethics.

Room Tip: No good. Dont stay on New Beach. They all suck.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Horizon Beach Resort

Reviewed 29 October 2011

This is a cheap backpackers place that is a good value if you have nothing to be stolen. We stayed here for a week and while we were away for the day on a boat someone stole $200USD from my wallet. I was 100% certain the money was there the morning I left and gone the night we returned. The room was locked but there were no safes in the room for me to lock up my money. Just glad that was all that was taken as we had good camera equipment and a computer. This is clearly not the first time as we just read a previous review of the same problem. Very sad because its a great location and not bad for the price - that is if you don't get $$ stolen ;(

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have valuables you are guarding. I was totally ripped off!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrvlTrth
Reviewed 17 August 2011

After 7 months travelling Horizon was my last stop before home and I stayed there for 4 weeks and loved every second.
Yes its basic - but its clean, the staff were fantastic - some even invited me to their homes -if you make the effort to speak to them the kindness is more than repaid. I felt like Horizon was my home and was really sad to leave it.

Having had worse service at hotels which cost an awful lot more I'm glad to recommend Horizon -as other people have mentioned you get to use Smugglers Cove facilities and the dorms are actually more spacious and cheaper than those at Smugglers Cove. Its also cheaper to eat there as some of the food at Smugglers is prepared at Horizon anyway.

Its not the most glamourous place I've ever seen but I couldnt ask more for the price and really miss the staff and people I met there. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank evoluptua
Reviewed 10 January 2011

sorry, this actually happened in 2006..we were picked up from the airport and taken in the middle of the night to this place..the guy checked us in and walked us thru what seemed like a maze of rooms and corridors..we went into a dark room obviously full of people and he kicked 2 people out of bed and told us there are your beds..the people worked there and they did not change the sheets after getting up..the AC made noise but did not make cold air..terrible...BUT..I met a medical student staying there in Dec 2010 and he was there for 6 weeks and said it was fine..and super cheap..so maybe it is better now.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We were a last minute booking, booked a standard double room (which includes double bed, en suite bathroom/toilet, small fridge, kettle, a ceiling fan, and and most times, a tv) the staff were helpful, sent the courtesy van to pick us up from the airport.
Whenever you meet any staff member at Horizon, you'll always be greeted with a smile, and a friendly 'Bula!' .
We also stayed in one of their double rooms with aircon, and they're great too ($5 or $10FJD extra) but we found even the ones with just ceiling fans to be fine.
The facilities that are available to use next door at Smugglers cove are great, there are nightly cultural performances with music and fire performances.
There is a help yourself style breakfast included in the price and is served on the patio next to the pool every morning.

We found that while Horizon is very basic, they do what they are there to do very well. It would suit confident travellers really well, but still be fine for first timers as well.
There are many taxi's that hang around there, and barter your way with them for a good price into Nadi town (my partner usually managed it for $5FJD, I settled for about 6 or 7, but if someone is not willing to go for the price you want, keep trying someone else, because there is ALWAYS someone who will take it)

And if there are none around, the staff are more than happy to help you out by calling one. No problems getting to sleep either as Horizon is situated at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, no real party spots too close to bother you.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple