All reviews perfect hosts reading lights free pick bed dorm laundry service clean pool fijian culture fiji time the air conditioning hostel ensuite mary island airport backpackers bamboo guitar
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

While staying here i encountered concerning problems, privacy, theft and unprofessional environment. I met a 'friendly' housekeeper who became obsessed with me being at the premise, I felt she read my presence as some type of signal to crossing the line! I talked another staff member who confirmed this was not the first instance of its type!
While away on a day trip to island I come back to discover my satchel which I stowed away in my luggage that included my 'passport' was taken!
This destroyed my time in Fiji, I should have locked it away but I'd been careful and felt the room I stayed in was safe as I'd been staying awhile, we all trusted each other!
Unfortunately I had no comeback or "leg to stand on".
The premise is respectively tidy, nice hammock on the lawn, clean pool, laundry service and however their are 5 nuisance dogs that live next door which kept the dorm awake on several occasions.
I won't hold a grudge towards the management over my loss but I recommend they take a more proactive interest in the security and privacy of guests and investigate concerning problems which they should own!
I would assume to think there was a coincidence between housekeeper was forced to take 2weeks annual leave over my incident!
Kind regards
Scott O'CONNOR

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
the_fiji_islander, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Bula bula,

thanks for the feedback and apologies for the less than wonderful stay. We appreciate all the nights that you stayed with us and feel terrible that your lost passport has lead to an unfortunate impression and a bad review.

We have lockers in all of our dorm rooms and we encourage our guests to leave their valuables inside. In addition, our housekeepers have a great reputation for their honesty and sincere care for our guests. It is extremely rare for our guests to encounter theft situations, and for anyone who encounters a difficult situation, our manager is proactive to create solutions.. In this case we called the Fiji Police in to investigate, assist, and facilitate passport lodgement. We wish we could have helped more at the time, but will continue to keep our eyes and ears open for your missing item. Fingers and toes crossed for good news..

bluewater team

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a one night stop over. The room was nice n clean with air conditioning. It has a shared bathroom which wasn't so ideal because some of the guests left it very messy. It has two showers and a separate toilet. I room I stayed in didn't have a key for me to use and it was very inconvenient because if I had to leave the room and go anywhere I had to go back to main reception which was on another street to get them to open my room with their master key. It was particularly inconvenient and risky when I had to go use the shared bathroom coz I had to leave my room door agar with all my personal belongings.
The hotel staff were pleasant to deal with and they were very helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank Selvin R
the_fiji_islander, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Bula bula,

thanks for the feedback. We have shared your comments with our front desk and housekeep teams, and we've taken action to improve our guest experience regarding the key and bathroom issues :)

Vinaka vaka levu and best wishes,

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Holy smokes, whatever you do, don't stay in room 7, there are children that live on the premises and next door is their stomping ground, literally they stomp all day starting from an early hour. At least it gets me out of the room early. Definitely not peaceful. And not the kind of background noise that's easily ignored. Screaming children can be very unsettling.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
the_fiji_islander, Guest Relations Manager at Bluewater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2017

Bula Vanessa,

thanks for the feedback and sincere apologies for the noise. Our property was originally setup as a relaxing and peaceful alternative to the surrounding budget accommodation providers in the area, and thus our surprise to see your review! Although we have no children living on the premises, we occasionally do get family guests staying with us. Had we been aware of the noisy kids at the time, we would have happily helped to solve this issue in a flash. In any case, we have shared your comments with our team and will further encourage our in-house families to maintain respect for our future guests.

Vinaka and best wishes,

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is a nice place to stay in Nadi. Just out of town $1.60 by bus with it turning around at the top of the street only 50m away. The Yasawa flyer bus pick up there too, so it is a good place to stay to access the smaller islands. Staff were friendly and helpful. Everything you need is within easy walking distance, very close by. Our room was clean, roomy and very reasonably priced. Sunday night was a bit noisy with backpackers partying on, but Monday night was quiet. We will be returning.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

We went for 2 weeks holiday to Fiji and we had 1 night here when we arrived. Room was big and cleand, shared showers and toilet. Close to airport. Small grosery store close by. They have restaurant at Bamboo backpacker which is down the road and where you also pay your bookings.

We booked 2 nights to end of our holiday. When we arrived we paid by cash but when we had check out, they didnt have any record on their computer that we had paid! I'm giving a big minus from this!
They said they are going to look for it and let us know. We also wrote on paper that we paid and how we paid, which room we stayed and how many nights and we asked to confirm us if they find that money before they do anything.
They didnt say anything that they are going to take that same ammount from our bank account!!! They said that thay have done some mistake or something and they will refund our money. Thats good so everything was sorted out.
BUT it took 8 days to got back to my bank!! So rest of my holiday was ruined! We travel with budget so we counted our moneys what we can do, we had 2 weeks left on Vanuatu and on our first week we didn't have those moneys back, just when we would need then because our last week we were in Tanna so there is no internet, no ATM so we needed to take all the money what we would need there! Even its not that much money for 2 nights but still when you travel with budget and count what you can spend and then you dont have all that money what you would need it's really enoying. On this point it doesn't matter if they say they are sorry that it tooked so long time, our holiday is now over and we needed to think what we can do there.

I would advise that if you pay cash, ASK receipt!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janika P
the_fiji_islander, Manager at Bluewater Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Bula Janika,

Thanks for the positive feedback and apologies once again for the admin issue! Our Front Desk Team report that all is fine and the issue was solved the same morning. Due to an unusual circumstance, there has been a miscommunication between our Reception and our Account Team. This error was identified immediately (on the same morning of your departure) and you were refunded back via credit card on that day. Sometimes the Fiji banks take a couple of working days to process. We are intrigued and concerned that this US$70 issue has ruined the rest of your holiday, but in any case, our Front Desk Team sends sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Please note we take these issues very seriously and always seek a happy ending :)

Vinaka and best wishes,