“Best Ika mata on the island.”
Review of Bite Time Cafe

Bite Time Cafe
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Avarua
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Can’t relate this place high enough for their fabulous fresh seafood. Especially their ika mata. Right in the heart of the market too so you can nosey around then get some great food. The staff are so lovely.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

We found it impossible to drive past Bite Time Cafe without calling in to purchase a container or two of ika mata to take home
Definitely the best ika mata on the island.

1  Thank Fernsie
Reviewed 20 October 2018

Great service and food with a in a casual relaxed atmosphere, lots of food choices, treat coffee and smoothies.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We visited a couple of times during our week. The food was lovely and really fresh. Nice location close to the sea and a really chilled vibe!

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Having enjoyed their food on my last trip, I ate at the Bite Time Café in Avarua twice during my vacation to Rarotonga. Both times were great, but I made the mistake of ordering the Seafood Platter the first time. Don’t get me wrong, for the $18 Seafood Platter you get fried fish, calamari, scallops, mussels, salad and chips, and it was a very very filling albeit delicious meal. However, if you like sashimi-style (raw) fish, I feel the seafood platter doesn’t stand a chance against the Fisherman’s platter, which also for $18 has rice, salad, ika mata, smoked marlin, carpaccio and sashimi with a nice soy dipping sauce. It is a filling but lighter meal, healthy, and same-day fresh. Good for one who is hungry or to share with two if you are peckish.

I went to Bite Time in 2017 during my first visit, and after the Seafood Platter, I missed the Fisherman’s Platter so much I just had to make a second visit! Sometimes they run out and sometimes if they don’t catch it, they don’t sell it or don’t even open for the day!

Please kindly indicate if you found this review to be helpful, as it will help me focus on my future review efforts! Safe travels!!

2  Thank jjluke