My only regret in our recent trip to Peru was that we only spent two mights at Sol y Luna. This was ostensibly a pit stop between our visit to the Amazon and Macchu Picchu/Cusco. The Peruvian travel agent suggested the hotel when I mentioned that I wanted to go horseback riding and so we added it on at the last minute.
What fantastic place. The hotel and Urubamba in general remind me of the southern California of my youth, only more verdant and beautiful.
Our deluxe casita was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was quite large with a wonderful tub.
But the best part of the visit was our horseback ride. Wow! The stables are incredible - you could probably eat off the floor of the tack room and the horses eat hydroponic grass!
My advice is to make sure you add some time to your trip to visit this area of Peru and stay at Sol y Luna. I can imagine that I would have been disappointed if I only was staying for the night on the way to Macchu Picchu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our unique property is an intimate 43-casitas hotel within 328,000 square feet of beautiful gardens surrounded by archaeological attractions, and many opportunities of outdoor activities.We have 15 high end luxury casitas like that one which have private terraces and plunge pools overlooking the gardens. They all have an entry porch, foyer, living room and are equipped with heating floor system and fireplace.All the decoration of the casitas is based on the art work of renowned Peruvian artists such as Jaime Leibane and the beautiful frescoed murals by acclaimed artist, Federico Bauer which makes them all really special and unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol And Luna Lodge & Spa
- Sol & Luna Hotel Urubamba
- Sol Luna Urubamba
- Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux Urubamba, Peru - Sacred Valley