All reviews plenty of hot water close to town soles sunday retreat
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

With a huge swimming pool, tennis courts and a pedalo lake (go figure), this dated hotel is a total white elephant. Seemed to be basically empty. Room was very old fashioned and the bathroom very basic. Not worth a visit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesley-Ann M
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Very disappointed with this hotel. The rooms are very dated. The balcony was not safe to walk on and broken furniture.

The worst part was building work being carried out over the walkway and stairs from our room with debris and water coming down over our heads when we walked to and from our rooms. Couldn't relax as so noisy.

Bar area and reception were pleasant and staff were helpful but I wouldn't recommend it. Or the town. Skip it and go straight to Ollantaytambo.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I booked this hotel for four nights to get some work done. That was definitely accomplished!

Room was clean, bed was comfy, but it's just a tad outdated! Great water pressure in both the shower & the sink. And plenty of HOT water in both places!

Biggest jacuzzi I've ever seen--at least 20 people can sit in it at a time.

There is a hugs olympic-sized pool across the street which is available for guests. It's covered, but the water isn't heated. There is also a smaller kiddie pool.

A few disappointments:

Don't get excited when you see the bathtubs! I wanted to take a relaxing bath my last night, but alas...you can only take showers. :(

Same items on the free breakfast buffet every single morning.

You can only use the jacuzzi for two hours a day and you have to use both hours at the same time. The jacuzzi/spa/salon is only open from 1 - 8 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday. Not sure why the unique hours/rules.

If security is a high priority of yours...you probably better not stay here. Though no one broke into my room..it would be very easy to do so.

Have to pay to use the ping pong tables and the fusball tables and they are only open the same hours as the salon/spa.

Again, I was able to get a lot of work done in a peaceful environment, and that was my goal.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The place is really expensive for a campsite, the showers are just available from 8am to 4pm (useless when you arrive at 6pm...), there is no toilet paper in the WC. There are WIFI in the campsite but they do not know the password so you need to go to the hotel on the other side of the road. We did 5 or 10 times less expensive camping in Peru with a better service.
Not recommended and do not follow famous guidebook!

Room Tip: A road near the campsite (noisy)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Beautiful people, all so welcoming and helpful. A VERY SPECIAL THANKS to Janet, the manager for providing us with every request, travel info, and extending her graciousness to me and my friend. She went above and beyond to make us feel very special and at home. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I cannot wait to come back and am very sad to leave Sacred Valley where everyone is family.
Bobbie Sapp