All reviews beautiful courtyard excellent location nice stay walking distance train station hot water town square mattresses machupicchu peru flowers simple mountains
Reviewed 15 April 2018

As stated in other reviews, this hotel is located at a perfect location just a few blocks to the train station and to the city centre. Quiet setting, a beautiful courtyard, and an awesome view of the ruins. The breakfast in their restaurant was very good. We had to pay in cash USD upon arrival and were not given another option for payment. They provided a complete, wonderful brown bag breakfast for our 6:40 train ride to Machu Picchu. But, the room maintenance was so odd and neglected...our overhead lights would not come on with the wall switch when we arrived and one of the cleaning ladies came and fixed it, the heater didn't work so we just used extra blankets, there were extra electrically wires coming out of the bathroom and bedroom walls...unfinished? We were told that was bottles of water in the rooms and a hairdryer...but they weren't until we went to the front desk and asked for them. There were ants in the bathroom and our room stunk soo bad...which we were told was due to the "bad wood" on the platform bed so we were told we should just leave the bedroom windows wide open...on the first floor. Luckily we were there only two nights. We were in Peru for 15 nights and stayed at 3 different hotels and this was our worst experience, they were friendly enough but really didn't seem to have the management to fix things and resolve issues. There are probably better hotels to choose from in Ollantaytambo.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 585vickih
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The hotel is a short walk from the train station and town square. Yet it is quiet. The room was clean and comfortable, with no frills. Wifi was a bit slow though and impossible at the dining room. Breakfast was good though not a lot of variety. Staff was helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel is new, fresh, clean, spacious, comfortable beds, beautiful courtyard, lovely dining room, delicious food, very helpful staff, 5 min walk to train station, town and ruins. Super happy with our stay here.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel is 5 minutes from the train station for Machu Picchu and an easy walk to the centre of town. Spotlessly clean and comfortable, with an inner courtyard for sitting and talking, as well as an open area on the 1st floor. The garden was lovely with many local plants. The staff was not very much in evidence, but appeared when one went to the front desk. They did not include not many English speakers, but there always seemed to be someone (guests or staff) around who could help us. The food was fine.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I arrived around 4/5 to the hotel where check-in was smooth after waiting a few minutes. I paid upon check-in- a decision I would come to regret a few hours later. The Receptionist assisted with my suitcase to my room where upon entrance I was greeted with a horrific smell of fasces. I commented to the attendant whose solution was to open the window. By 6/7 I left for dinner after a lukewarm shower from a shower head that sprayed in a million directions and had previously turned the heat on before I began getting ready. Hearing no sound or feeling no warmth I assumed it was automatic. Upon my return after 9 the room was still cold- I called reception in regards to the matter. They sent up someone who said it wasn’t working and he would return to fix it.

I waited a while and called reception once more In regards to the problem and asked to be moved to another room (which was denied after paying $73 USD) or for the unit to be fixed immediately - as it was nearing 10 and my trek to Machu Picchu was early in the morning and I had already spent a whole day touring the ruins and Sacred Valley.

I was given a small portable heater placed beside my bed which still did not work. I reported the matter again to the attendant who still has not seen fit to fix the issue so I am currently in my bed- in this horrible hotel. With no warm water and no heat. So not stay here. Read the bad reviews and believe them when looking for a place to stay.
On a sojourn as this- a peaceful and comfortable nights sleep is all I expect.

Sol Natura- So Horibble!