All reviewstwo nightsstayed herebreadmachu picchuwould stay here againbeds were comfortableaguas calienteskatykattyguestshostelruinstrain
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

So, long story. We had booked another hostel with a similar name and ended up at Chaska Wasi (thank goodness!). We had just completed the 5-day, 4-night Salkantay Trek and were feeling very sick. We arrived from Aguas Calientes via train at after 1 in the morning. It was late and we were sick because they were delays and many problems with the train. When we arrived at this hostel's door at 2:00am, she let us in and gave us a room despite the fact that we had booked at another hostel. She gave us water and we went to bed. In the morning, I chatted with the owner for hours. She is SO friendly. She had recently adopted a dog, not knowing that it was female and pregnant. She had many puppies for which she was caring. My husband and I were elated as we have left our own dog for 3 months while we were traveling. She was SO nice and so wonderful. I cannot recommend this hostal and this wonderful human being enough. She helped us grab a bus back to Cusco. Such a great experience and exactly what we need to get us back to Cusco safe and sound.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kristen S
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Despite having rude roommates, I wish I could give this hostel more than 5 stars. Katy is such a genuine woman who truly cares for her guests and her community. I became quite sick and she took such good care of me. She made me a special blend of tea and gave me toast when she didn't have to. She sat with me while I was sick and helped me get back to Cusco safely. I would stay at this hostel again 1000x over.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jenniferleigh95
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We stayed with Catty for one month while doing research in the area. We absolutely loved our stay at Chaska Wasi. Catty is a great host, speaks very good English and we haven't found any guest that wasn't helped with good advice, tips and care. She will go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Besides the friendly host, there are clean rooms, hot showers and really fast internet.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank midema27
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

My friends and I came to Ollantaytambo a day before our train to Aguas Caliente but had not booked ahead to any hostels. We came across Chaska Wasi because it had reviews of being cheap.
We rang the door bell and Katty answered (the manager, and possibly owner?). She showed us in and gave the four of us a room with 6 beds, but told us it was all for us and gave us a key.
The beds were comfortable, the rooms clean, and the space was amazing! It's built on the side of the mountain across from the mountain with the main ruins, though there are still ruins here too, for free!
It's really quiet here, as it is a 5 minute walk from the main square.
The best part though was that Katty helped us both book our train tickets (she recommended Inca Rail instead of Peru Rail, as it is a bit cheaper) and she helped us book our tickets to Machu Picchu. She also gave us tons of tips for when we were there!
On top of all this there is breakfast included, free use of towels, extra blankets, etc. and it is all only 30 sol/night per person!
Definitely a Hostel to make your base camp!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldTravelinPaul
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with three other friends for two nights and it was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Fantastic relaxed atmosphere. When we stayed it wasn't busy at all. The owner is super friendly and is willing to help you with plans. She helped us book tickets to Machu Picchu. Great rooms, beautiful scenery. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends