Yes, this hotel is scary expensive, but it really is worth it. The rooms are small, but the staff are superb and the location can't be beat. When we were at machu picchu the weather wasn't brilliant: cloudy first thing, then clearing up before rain at noon, then clearing up again at 3, so having lodging right up top meant we could dodge the rain, and still spend plenty of time inside the ruins.
By the way, if you stay two nights, the rate for the second night is significantly cheaper - when you add in the excellent food, wine, cocktails, lunch and lovely breakfast that is included, the second night is pretty good value. Plus, it means we had time to climb machu picchu montane and then find a corner and sit and soak up the atmosphere...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge enjoys a unique location just steps from the entrance to Machu Picchu; it is the only hotel beside the Inca citadel. This charming mountain retreat, set in orchid gardens, is the perfect place to relax, from early in the morning to magical moonlit nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Belmond so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu