“The best burger in the universe”

Papacho's Jockey Plaza
Ranked #293 of 3,233 Restaurants in Lima
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I go there every year at least once. This is because I only visit Peru once a year. They never fail.

This year I had a burger called Pobre. 3/4 finishing for the fine meat which melts in your mouth. The burger consists of that delicious meat, fried egg, banana, chili, their excellent sauce and it was the best hamburger I heva had in my life - and I have eaten hamburgers all around the Americas and Europe. It came with fried sweet potatoes (also french fries available)This was an amazing experience. I am going again for sure before leaving Peru.

If you are in Lima or Cuzco, you can miss Macchu Picchu, but you cannot miss Papacho’s.

Papacho’s is another brilliant creation of Gaston’s legacy. He has been the key player in bringing the fabulous Peruvian cuisine to the world wide knowledge.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Gaston Acurio's, Peru's most famous and best chefs has a few of these. I happen to like the ope in Miraflores tour the food is very good here too. Try one of the dozen burgers on the menu.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Chinapjs
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

The Papacho's is so much more than only hamburgers of which they are mostly known.

Relax, beer, drinks and the hamburgers are great and surprising, but ALL the food is good.

Excellent place to wait even with kids while your missus does the shopping in Jockey Mall.

I recommend the Charapita wings. (Alitas charapita)

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Service is 50% of a good place
Burgers are good, greasy but that is what you expect, I tried the criolla, good one
Salchipapas are very good too
About the place, restrooms were not well maintained
About the service, everything went well, kinda slow but went I asked for the check waiter told me to leave the tip in cash, which I said I had not cash on me and got upset, I really hate when waiters ask for tips in cash, doesn't talk good about the place
Does it means owners don't distribute the tip among employees?

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 days in the hospital after eating an hamburger in this restaurant (food poisoning). Never again here!!!

Date of visit: February 2017