B&B Tradiciones
US$ 80
  • Breakfast included
US$ 160
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vila Santa(Lima)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
Agoda.com
All reviewshelpful ownertravel arrangementshome away from homewonderful hostsfresh fruitdefinitely stay here againspent nightsbottled waterfew blocksangeloperuhosteltaximirafloresairportjamflight
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I enjoyed the few days I spent at B&B Tradiciones. The owner is very friendly. He provided us with maps and directions. He even reminded us that it would be chilly outside, so we should grab our jackets. The hostel was clean and breakfast was good. The location is excellent- very safe and close to a lot. There is a 24 hour grocery store, "Wongs," only a few blocks away. The buffet there was delicious, very clean, and cheap!

There are only 2 small hot water heaters for the entire hostal, so the hot water was sketchy at best. Since it was difficult to take a hot shower in the mornings along with everyone else, I just asked them to turn on the heater in the evenings, and I bathed then. Noise wasn't too much of an issue here. Although, I was woken up one night by the owner's wife yelling at her husband downstairs to open the door for returning guests. All in all, this was a very comfortable and inviting place to stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I'm originally from Peru but I don't have family there anymore. Going back to my home country after so many years of being away made me worrisome. The staff at Tradiciones treated me like family. The place is in front of a beautiful park where people go jogging every morning. It's also located with in walking distance to Parque Kennedy in Miraflores. If you get the munchies, there is a nice snack bar within a few yards of the place. Contrary to what I've read in previous ratings for Tradiciones, I found making reservations here a delight. No problems whatsoever! I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2011

As a 62yr-old woman traveling alone with limited Spanish, I was looking for a small quiet place where I felt safe, and could find information and support for an expedition to Markawasi. I arrived on my birthday, which may have biased my experience, but was treated with such welcoming kindness and care. Angelo and his wife were away until my last day, but his daughter Kerri (sp?) was a gem, and also fluent in English. She had a map of MIraflores, and immediately oriented me, locating the nearest cash machines, laundry and offering suggestions for restaurants and food, all excellent. Kerri and her teen internet-savvy daughter were also invaluable in researching and successfully carrying out my expedition to Markawasi. I was in a small back room with no exterior windows, but there was a window into the hall which had an outside window, and a fan in the room, so that all helped. I did not have trouble with noise or sleeping. My private bath was completely finished in marble tile, an elegant touch, making up for the modest room. The common entry area feels like a nicely appointed living room. Given that transportation from the airport was free with a 3-night reservation, the price was reasonable. Kindness and personal attentiveness may not be important to every traveler, but for me on this trip, those human touches were more important than space or luxury. Even on a more lavish budget, I would go back just to visit the Gandullia family again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2011

First time this hostel was overbooked, we had to stay in a friends house. Second time we did not get the room we booked. Instead a very noisy room close to trafficlights. The rooms are small with old furniture and sanitair. Owner is friendly and gives lots of information.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Jan P
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights at end of 5 week solo Peru trip. Wanted somewhere really nice to end my trip and booked based on TripAdvisor reviews. Was very disappointed. Was put in tiny pretty grim backroom bedroom with hardly any floor space and no window and therefore limited fresh air. Could hear people in next room literally breath, talk and snore. Also heard them complain about their room also. Very construction work in the building started around 9am and continued into the evening so no chance to chill out, nor no real chill out area inside. Door bell kept going until late at night adding to the noise, as did radio/TV from management late one night. Had to get up 7am to answer the door to constant door bell the next morning, although the owner did apologise. Breakfast very limited 3 pieces of bread, 1 piece of fruit, fruit juice. Free internet but you have to use their office computer, which is a bit off putting as you don't want to disrupt them. Just not good value for money as this place was relatively high priced and I expected more from the great reviews. On a plus side the location is fairly decent, about 10 mins walk to centre of Miraflores (although you could probably do better) and the staff seemed very very friendly and helpful. You need to pay in advance (unusual in my experience) so check your room before doing so if booking here.

Room Tip: Check room before paying
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo