“quiet, quaint, cosy place with excellent service :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of B&B Tradiciones

B&B Tradiciones
Ranked #14 of 304 Lima B&B and Inns
Lima, Peru
“quiet, quaint, cosy place with excellent service :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

we heard about B&B from a local bike tour place, so by word of mouth. the hostel looks like a nice house as there is no sign outside, which makes the ´´traditional´´ feeling very authentic. the rooms and facilities were kept very clean, showers especially, and there were lots of channels on the tv (if you get stuck in the room with a cold, like i did :-(. the most outstanding part of my experience was the old-fashioned hospitality and great service by angelo - really knowledgable and eager to give us the inside information about places to go, what to watch out for. great conversations about the history of peru too - he is a wealth of knowledge and a warm and friendly host who is consistently helpful :-) definitely reccommend this place to those looking for a quiet, welcoming and ´tradiciones´experience!!

Room Tip: the front rooms have double shielded windows to shield from the noise. we are fussy about noise so w...
Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I enjoyed the few days I spent at B&B Tradiciones. The owner is very friendly. He provided us with maps and directions. He even reminded us that it would be chilly outside, so we should grab our jackets. The hostel was clean and breakfast was good. The location is excellent- very safe and close to a lot. There is a 24 hour grocery store, "Wongs," only a few blocks away. The buffet there was delicious, very clean, and cheap!

There are only 2 small hot water heaters for the entire hostal, so the hot water was sketchy at best. Since it was difficult to take a hot shower in the mornings along with everyone else, I just asked them to turn on the heater in the evenings, and I bathed then. Noise wasn't too much of an issue here. Although, I was woken up one night by the owner's wife yelling at her husband downstairs to open the door for returning guests. All in all, this was a very comfortable and inviting place to stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

I'm originally from Peru but I don't have family there anymore. Going back to my home country after so many years of being away made me worrisome. The staff at Tradiciones treated me like family. The place is in front of a beautiful park where people go jogging every morning. It's also located with in walking distance to Parque Kennedy in Miraflores. If you get the munchies, there is a nice snack bar within a few yards of the place. Contrary to what I've read in previous ratings for Tradiciones, I found making reservations here a delight. No problems whatsoever! I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

As a 62yr-old woman traveling alone with limited Spanish, I was looking for a small quiet place where I felt safe, and could find information and support for an expedition to Markawasi. I arrived on my birthday, which may have biased my experience, but was treated with such welcoming kindness and care. Angelo and his wife were away until my last day, but his daughter Kerri (sp?) was a gem, and also fluent in English. She had a map of MIraflores, and immediately oriented me, locating the nearest cash machines, laundry and offering suggestions for restaurants and food, all excellent. Kerri and her teen internet-savvy daughter were also invaluable in researching and successfully carrying out my expedition to Markawasi. I was in a small back room with no exterior windows, but there was a window into the hall which had an outside window, and a fan in the room, so that all helped. I did not have trouble with noise or sleeping. My private bath was completely finished in marble tile, an elegant touch, making up for the modest room. The common entry area feels like a nicely appointed living room. Given that transportation from the airport was free with a 3-night reservation, the price was reasonable. Kindness and personal attentiveness may not be important to every traveler, but for me on this trip, those human touches were more important than space or luxury. Even on a more lavish budget, I would go back just to visit the Gandullia family again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

First time this hostel was overbooked, we had to stay in a friends house. Second time we did not get the room we booked. Instead a very noisy room close to trafficlights. The rooms are small with old furniture and sanitair. Owner is friendly and gives lots of information.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family