“Great sashimi!”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Miraflores
Description: Nikkei food restaurant
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

Maido is a hip upscale sushi place located in Miraflores. They offer a thorough sushi and sashimi menu. The salmon sashimi was spectacular the night we ate there! Thick succulent cuts with an even clean taste. The service was spectacular as well. I recommend reservations as we had to wait a bit without them.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

I made a reservation a little over a week in advance. Was delighted to get a table for dinner our last night in Lima.
Upon reading the menu, I was overwhelmed by the choices and found it hard to decide what exactly to order. Luckily our server suggested the 10 course tasting menu. Once I saw what it entailed, I was sold.
Each course was absolutely amazing. Definitely the best meal I had in Lima, and quite possibly one of the best meals ever.
I hope to be able to dine there again.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

The "Qollqe Pisco" is a terrific option as opposed to the sake, when in Rome... The innovative melting pot of flavors and cuisines some in relatively small portions but big on taste. Our highlight was the fresh seafood dishes, grilled octopus and sea bass, it was quite delectable. The service was helpful and attentive. We went with the reviews we had read and opted for the "Qollqe Pisco" as opposed to the sake, a great suggestion. A most excellent overall choice when in Lima.

Reviewed 7 May 2015

I made sure to include Maido in a gastronomic tour I had put together for a group of friends on their first trip to Peru. It was our first encounter with Nikkei food, so we asked the waiter to choose for us a selection of dishes on the menu, all vegetarian or fish and seafood based. He did a fantastic food and the seven of us had at least 10-14 pieces of marvelous such combinations before the waiter asked us if we wanted more. The only piece I would say could be left out was the sanguicito.
I especially loved the one with chicharon de calamar and the acevichado.
We were quite full, so we decided to share three deserts: mango canelloni, which was tasty but I found the dough very hard to eat, the classical and another one whose name I don't record. Very good overall.
Regarding the drinks, the fruity sakes were nice, but a bit too sweet. You can also order alcohol free fruit mixes with stevia, the natural, no calories alternative to sugar.

We were lucky to have the the chef come out the kitchen and pass for a short moment at our table. It was part of a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

Fabulous food, marvelous atmosphere. Try the sushi with rocoto sauce. The dumplings here are unique. So many options, so many flavors. Unforgettable experience.