See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016

The room was cleaned daily with fresh sheets, towels and water bottles! The shower worked but the water wouldn't get warm! I did love the atmosphere of the place and the people were friendly! There was a cool opening in the hallways so we could look down and see the first floor! Overall very good, I would go back!

Room Tip: Upstairs is quieter
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I was here with a big group for a humanitarian trip. The staff were very accommodating and very kind. Most of them knew English and so it was very easy to communicate with them. The hotel is a little ways from the city and the an hour from the airport but is still a great place to stay. The rooms are comfortable and come in a variety of sizes. Showers were very warm if you go in first. The breakfast is the same old bread, butter, and jam every morning but that's literally what it is everywhere in Peru. Fridges in some rooms. It would be a great place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I live here in Lima and use this hotel often for visitors and groups. I have probably been in every room in the entire building. I believe I can give a very fair review:

If you are expecting a "big city 5 star location" you will want to look elsewhere. However, if you want a clean, friendly, safe and convenient place to stay; consider Yeyas. The hotel is unusual because it has a huge number of room options. There are rooms with one bed all the way up to rooms with 6 beds. Over the years the management has done a good job of keeping things up and upgrading things. Most rooms have a mini fridge. Some rooms have air conditioning for the hotter months.

PROS:
-Great location. They are located on one of Lima's main roads. It is easy to get anywhere from here. Taxi's and buses come by almost non-stop. You never have to wait to get going.
-Friendly staff. The staff is excellent and goes out of their way to be helpful. Over the years I am ashamed to say we haven't tipped well here. Yet, they still treat us very well.
-Large rooms. Most of the rooms are a good size. Some are huge!
-Great value for the money.
-This may not be a 5 star hotel, but the service is top!

CONS:
-Very loud street noise. Some of our guests have complained about the traffic noise. However, to find a hotel without this in Lima is rare. You have to pay top dollars in Lima to find a hotel with sealed windows.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel. There will be no view, but the noise is greatly reduced. If you are traveling with a group, ask about the many room options. The two rooms on the fourth floor are huge.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank PeruTravelFamily
Reviewed 5 January 2010

A noisy experience at best. Paper thin walls enabled us to overhear conversations in neighboring rooms. The computer stations were right outside our door and things did not quiet down until well past 11pm and started up again at 6 am. The "breakfast" was 8 soles...it would, have been a gesture if free (I've experienced worse in the states), but at this price it was just bad. Go to the Patisserie down the street. Good coffee. There is no view from the window because it opens to a ventilation opening in the middle of the building...no street traffic noise, but our neighbors shower sounded like a draining fire hydrant...I wonder what they heard of my daughter's singing in the shower! 15-18 soles and 30 minutes to get to Miraflores. However we were attending an event at Colegio Newton which was very close.
So, the price is economical. .. but you pay for it.

Reviewed 16 December 2009

I stayed here the second time I visited Peru. A friend of the family did business with this Hotel and arranged the reservations. Sure, the front desk speaks Spanish. This is a Latin American country, but during the free breakfast that comes with the room, there were some waitresses that did speak some English. It's a good thing to know something of a language before you visit a country that does not speak your native tongue. The rooms were big, and I had a lot of room. The bathrooms were smaller than American sized hotel rooms, but once again, you are NOT in the United States. I had no problems with the bedrooms being cleaned, or the staff. It was close to everything that I was visiting in Lima, the dining facilities were clean, orderly, and professional. I had porters help me with my suitcases, as this hotel has no elevators, but all in all it had nice decor, was excellent value for the money ($20 dollars a night with free breakfast), and I never had an issues. If your room is located on the north side near the street you might hear some traffic, but that is true of any hotel from Lima to New York City. I've stayed here twice and have not been disappointed. Breakfast was served from 6am-10:30am. A good amount of time and the same time other hotels in the US (Hampton Inn) serves free breakfast to it's guests. If you are looking to stay somewhere for under $40 a night or just want to save money on lodging, I would stay here. This is one of the better neighborhoods in the La Molina area, so less tourist would be targeted here for robbery. I've walked down the street in this neighborhood, bought sodas and other things from the tienda down the street and used the internet cafe two blocks away. Not a bad area for the money. I have more pictures if anyone is interested.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business