“Always willing to try new things”
Review of Panchita

Panchita
Ranked #34 of 3,237 Restaurants in Lima
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Miraflores
Description: We cook ancient and contemporary Peruvian Creole food, and honor the tradition and culture of Lima. We imprint flavor onto high-level products, sometimes with a slow burn and other times with a vivid flame. One thing remains unchanged: we cook with the same passion our grandmothers did and preserve their seasoning. Our cuisine is ​bold, roguish and generous, just like Marthita, our chef, who is as mischievous as a good jarana limeña.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our Peruvian friend recommended we try this restaurant. He recommended the sampler platter. We knew this restaurant serves comida criolla but we weren’t 100% what to expect. Our waiter was hesitant when we ordered and he made sure we knew we were ordering animal organ stews. We are always game to try new and unusual and local foods so we gave him the go ahead. The food was interesting and different. I didn’t particularly like it but my husband thought it was good. That said, this is their specialty and it was beautifully presented. The service was great. The restaurant was packed! I cannot give a bad review based on my cultural biases. There were many other choices on the menu and I would go back to try other dishes.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant looks great. There is always a wait but it is worth It! The service is very good, with a lot of knowledge about the menu. The drinks are great too. But the food is out of this world. They take traditional dishes and bring back to life with their unique blend of herbs and spices that it's what they are known for. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went without reservation at lunch time and they a wait list of about 40 minutes, we decided to wait. The staff was very nice and they even let you order drinks while you wait. As soon as a table was free they offered us to sit there.
The food here is excellent and the size of the dishes is big so even when it's a bit expensive it is worth it. They have all the classics of the Peruvian menu.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I have visited Panchita several times this year. I had the two appetizers platters which were excellent. I had the very good aji de gallina (chicken stew with rice) and the outstanding rice with duck. We drank superb pisco sours and chicha morada beverage.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Seriously large appetisers. My boyfriend had a seafood starter and dessert only as the starter was so big. Staff excellent and did warn us how much he would get. I tried the guinea pig. Really good. Pretty reasonable prices good atmosphere and a delicious lunch.