“Holy Bao!”
Review of Bao?

Bao?
Ranked #33 of 3,088 Restaurants in Lima
Description: Asian Street food, baos (steamed buns) and rice bowls. We are vegetarian, vegan and pet friendly.
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Bao! I had no idea what bao was, but was curious. After trying it, I would recommend this to anyone. It's Asian steamed buns with a Peruvian twist. Try ceviche in a rice bowl or delicious dolce de leche in a fried ball. The atmosphere is really cool-- a lot of cool young people. Great food.

2  Thank Lara W

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a place with great bao (steamed buns) this is definitely the place in Peru to go. The owner was very nice and explained everything to my friends and I and we tried all of the different bao. The shiitake bao was definitely the best and they have a dessert one with dulce de leche that's excellent. This place was a great hangout place too with communal tables where we met some really nice locals too.

1  Thank klonigro
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I came to Bao after arriving in Lima following a long bus journey. Naturally, I was quite hungry, and I found this place a short walk from my hotel. I ordered 1 bao with a drink and the señorita who took my order was kind enough to let me know that 1 bao wouldn't be quite enough if I was really hungry. She suggested the hamburger bao(can´t remember the actual name), a recommendation which I took her up on. That came in addition to the smoked pork bao I originally ordered. I noticed that there were plenty of options available that would be good for vegetarians and vegans.

The service was super quick. I think I waited all of 5 minutes until they called my name. The baos themselves were packed with flavor and simply delicious. My only complaint is with the portion size. Even after eating 2 I was still hungry and I didn't feel like dishing out more money here after I had just spent 25 soles. For me, that pretty well prices it out of the "cheap eats" category. Then again, this is in a neighborhood where a single scoop of ice cream can cost you 10 soles (sigh...)

Bottom line, don't come here if you're truly hungry. Come here if you feeling like splurging on some tasty snacks.

1  Thank El_Gringo_Montana
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Came here for a quick lunch and left very satisfied. There are a handful of choices, the bao is a lovely fluffy texture, all the options are fresh and full of flavour. This is what I would call modern Asian street food, way better than the Chifa we tried in Lima/Cusco

1  Thank Catfish_Inc
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I asked what is a Bao, and they said you have to try it. A good an fun experience with a mix of fast food and.... well... Bao.