“It's nice and a friendly place”

Restaurante Fitzcarraldo
Ranked #9 of 128 Restaurants in Iquitos
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 15
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Actually it's a better place than the last reviews
I mean there's very friendly and helpful staff.
The food is absolutely ok . International, Peruvian and some jungle food so as alligator.......
We had a few different things and they were pretty nice. The only thing was the white wine was not cold even they put him in the freezer.
The homemade sauce tartar was amazing and so it was perfect for the alligator nuggets.

The funny thing was for the reviews we where discussion in front of the restaurant and so the waiters offered us if it's not good we dont need to pay that's a risk for him so we tried and the end was we paid

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I was in Iquitos for a week with friends and every day ate in a new restaurant, everyone ordered different dishes. Here I liked most of all. Very good fish, meat. Non-standard and delicious side dishes.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Nice food (we had pizza, I liked mine with spinach and mushrooms, my friend dint like the 4 cheeses). The restaurant is nicely located at the boulevard. The juices are good!

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Dessert was the best, personally I'm a cacao addict and this fondant was very special since chocolate syrup was particularly rough. I guess it was made with some local cacao which never travel to Europe and back. If you are into chocolate, I highly recommended.

Also we got Crocodile (lagarto) nuggets with the classical characteristics of game meat, very clean and firm. Fish on the grill was Paiche (second largest from river after estimation) and "tiradido" (fish cut in thin slices) with 2 soft flavored cream. Finally "chonta" salad was the perfect complement.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

I spend a lot of time in Iquitos and am familiar with the restaurants. Nonetheless, I had not eaten in the Fitzcarraldo previously. I took a group of friends there in July, 2018, based upon the recommendation of a friend. I was sorely disappointed. There were 15 of us in my group. Of the 15, about half received cold food. A few of the people in our group liked their food, but the majority did not. My wife's pan fried fish was good. My lasagna was not. Three people got ravioli that was totally cold. We ate in their airconditioned room. Perhaps the experience would have been better, outside on the patio. I won't ever know, since I don't plan on returning.

Date of visit: July 2018