See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We stayed here for one night after coming back from a jungle lodge as we wanted to experience Iquitos itself. The website pictures are very flattering of the hotel and our general experience was underwhelming. The room was functional and basic with the necessary (noisy) air con. Breakfast dreadful, no cups, glasses or utensils were avail when we arrived and the fruit juice had run out. Reception gave a run down impression and was dirty especially the reception toilet facilities and had many spiders webs in most corners. Overall the impression is that the hotel has seen better days.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank daviedb
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and was really disappointed. Firstly it looks no where near as nice as the pictures make it out to be. Secondly the breakfast is the worst breakfast I ate in my entire 6 weeks of traveling around South America. Thirdly and most importantly they just don't care. Service is TERRIBLE. Guy was meant to bring me up towels and I waited half an hour when I came down and he was on his cell phone relaxing! There was no phone in my room so they said they would get me one from another empty room and again I waited for a long time - no one came so I went downstairs and the other guy from reception went to another room and disconnected the phone and gave it to me. My room also didn't have any kind of lamp just the main light on the ceiling.
The hotel is also not that centrally located to the main attractions.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sam G
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

We had a nice and airy room on the top floor. It had a big window with a view over the town. The view wasn't exactly beautiful (metal sheets on the roofs, grayish houses, etc.) but it was interesting. The bathroom was nice and clean. Everyday room service when you leave the keys at the reception. Everything was cleaned well and there was always enough toilet paper. The hotel offers laundry service, which can come handy in this climate. Receptionists spoke English (not always the rule in Peru) and were kind and helpful. We didn't try the swimming pool but the area around it was very nice and calm. You can have a drink there and relax. The hotel restaurant had great food and the staff were really nice. Not all of them spoke English but they tried hard to understand our Spanish and we always managed to order everything we wanted.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

This hotel is trying and you can see it. They are a little on the lower end compared to major hotels but better than most all around. Its large rooms/apartments that are somewhat dirty and yes the air is loud but you've got to consider where you are as well. These arent cities that are going to have all the high end hotels as other regions do. Definately the better/best option in Iquitos

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Upon arrival Iquitos appears set apart from the rest of Peru that we had seen in either Lima or Cusco, much more like a part of South East Asia.
The front of the Hotel is in s busy street but don't let that put you off, that is just the reception, the main hotel is deep inside the building.
The receptionist was very good and the only one who could speak English.
Regardless of the language barrier the rest of the staff were very nice and helpful.
The rooms are now a bit dated from the photos but clean & tidy.
There is an open air pool near the restaurant which serves very good Peruvian food and a decent breakfast.
This was a very friendly hotel, a bit old but still good to stay in.

Date of stay: July 2015