See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2017

We had a great stay at this hotel. After a long few days in the jungle, it was nice to spend the evening in the pool with a swim up bar.
The rooms were very clean and the continental breakfast was fabulous. They had a free shuttle to the airport which was a major bonus. I would without hesitation, recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2017

At the end of July, 2017, my wife and I flew from Lima to iquitos where we had confirmed reservations with the Best Western Plus Samiria Jungle Hotel. When we arrived and showed our confirmed reservation we were told that "a pipe has broken and that rooms were inundated with water". They sent us to another hotel, of a much lower category, which had no elevator (my wife is unable to climb stairs). Fortunately we had an acquaintence in Iquitos. We phoned him and were able that night to stay in their living room. Next day, with no rooms available, we cut our trip short and took the plane back to Lima. In the airport we spoke with people who had stayed in the Samiria, who told us that no pipe was broken, that simply the hotel had overbooked and therefore could not honor my confirmed reservation. We complained to Best Western who told us "the hotel manager says that the pipe was broken". I asked them to check if they had an invoice for pipe repairs. They did not answer but offered us a $25 dollar "compensation" for having ruined a trip that we had dreamed years of doing. Best Western can keep its "generous" compensation, but it will never see a cent from us again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Tedy V, Gerente at Samiria Jungle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Guest,

We are sorry for you to feel like this, but we did not offer any money when our pipe was broke 2 months ago, we had our pipe broken and help other guests including you to find and take to others hotels, we did not have an overbook but some of our guest stay and some of them had to move also.

We did fixed our pipe that night, but we spend that night with the 30% of our property closed.

We are sorry again for the inconvenience.

Javier Kuo

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I was traveling by work and stayed there by two nights, without hot water neither internet. The person in the front desk told me that they are working to repair it, until 15 minutes before to leave, she told that in this area of the hotel they never have hot water, and the internet always is very low. I am angry because they lie me all the time.

Room tip: If you should be there ask for a room in the front tower, the services are better
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I had no idea what to expect in Iquitos in general. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel! It was clean, hot water, a tv with cable, air conditioning, clean linens and a balcony. What else can you ask for? The staff was friendly, but barely spoke English (which is my problem for not knowing Spanish as well as I should). Overall it was a great stay! I had a cold room each night, hot water to shower in and clean towels. They even have a little fridge with an assortment of cold drinks in the room.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed there 9 days. Normal cheap but clean hotels there average 100 soles. This hotel is about 165 soles. So $15-20 higher, but has a large pool, large rooms, bigger tv's. Worth the little extra. Wifi on inner rooms are great. River side rooms are hit and miss wifi. My Air conditioner blew cold but not hard enough to cool the bigger room. They gave me a fan on request. Worked out fine. Food is a little expensive but seemed to have very large portions. Pay cash never put it on your room bill!!!! They add 10 to 25% depending on room service. And at check out they tried to double charge the service fee. And added charges to my room. This is not isolated it happens at most of the hotels. Confront them they will remove charges when caught. Located about 5 blocks from the main plaza. 2 blocks from a mini market and a block from scenic river walk. Iooking forward to staying there my next trip.

Date of stay: October 2016