All reviews ac room nice patio sole wifi jungle hostel amazon usd dawn oasis
Reviewed 22 January 2015

I stayed there only one night , and wish I had been there longer. It's extremely clean, the staff is very friendly and most of them speak english which was a great plus for me , since I speak only little spanish. It cost me 35$USD for one night. There are beautiful psychedelic paintings on the walls , and there is a little cozy waiting area, where you can have breakfast or just relax and feel like you're in the jungle since it's pretty sunny and bright , surrounded by plants .I heard there were 2 computers as well and free wi-fi. The only thing I wasn't super happy about was that they accept only Visa, so I had to withdraw money, but I guess I should have asked before , my bad !:) The breakfast is pretty simple, I would suggest you keep your money and go elsewhere for breakfast, but if you don't mind eating bread and a couple of fruits , then go for the 3$ breakfast there ;)
I also had a fan and air conditionning in my room :) Hot water as well ( I have to specify , because they don't have everywhere I went in Iquitos)

Room Tip: Try asking for the rooms in the back , that are not near the street.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank vanillafairy
Reviewed 10 January 2015 via mobile

Very clean , the staff are really good. I walked there with no reservation after the hotel I originally booked was a disaster and thank god I got a room , for 10 soles more I stayed in a better place . The only bad thing was that my room was a front room and iquitos is really really noisy ( the room I originally booked was at emperador hotel 2 houses down this hotel , and they have ants there ) so between sleeping with ants and sleeping with noise , I rather sleep with noise .

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Veronica_januzzi
Reviewed 5 January 2015

I arrived in Iquitos early morning, took taxi to Plaza de Armas, walked-up to La Casona and paid 70 soles (~$24 USD) for a room without a reservation.

Clean room with private bath (cold water shower only), wifi, tv with 30+ channels, and air-conditioning. A/C was great because Iquitos is quite humid so my room was always crisp, dry, and cool when I was in it. Complimentary (instant) coffee and tea across the street at La Casona's other /larger property and there's a swimming pool located 5 blocks away. I didn't use the latter because I didn't have much spare time (I was searching for a jungle tour) but I could imagine using it had I had spent an additional day in the city or if my children were with me. Overall, La Casona was great value and I highly recommend it. Great location too, located ~50m from the Plaza de Armas, about half a block in.

The staff was also very pleasant and helpful, muchas gracias por su hospitalidad!

Easy 4* review, I'd give 5* if the shower had hot water ;-)

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Before and after our Amazon jungle adventure, we called Hotel La Casona our home base. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atrium was airy and comfortable. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The only thing that was odd was that we had to pay an extra fee to get the air-con remote but it wasn't too much. Overall, I loved this place and highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MikePare
Reviewed 24 November 2014

I stayed at La Casona for ten days during the summer. The location is convenient, one block from the main square. The hotel is immaculately clean. My room had television and wi-fi. The staff was friendly and very helpful. There are comfortable common areas to relax outside your room and meet other visitors. Have recommended it to frineds and will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo