Open today: 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Machu Picchu wedding and trek

In 2019 our friends hired Carlos and his team to organize their wedding at Machu Picchu. Carlos... read more

Reviewed 1 December 2020
saf163
San Diego, California
INCREDIBLE!

Peru Summit were AMAZING!!! They created a bespoke 3 day trip for us and given it was private, it... read more

Reviewed 10 August 2020
luisaiwishiwasinBA
Australia

All reviews juan carlos his team rainbow mountain heavy lifting inca trail private trip amantani island unforgettable experience beautiful country jc peru adventure trek culture lakes knowledge itinerary
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2019

Me and my boyfriend chose to do this trek since we wanted to do something different - less touristy than Machu Pichu, but still get the opportunity to experience a grand Inka site. If you are thinking in the same way, I can highly recommend you to do this trek with Peru Summit. The crew was very professional and gave us a lot of information in advance on what to bring and how to prepare for this trek. Carlos contacted us and met us one day prior to the trek's beginning. We felt assured that they were keen on making us happy with our trip and also that they cared about our security.

We were really happy with our guide J-C. He was very knowledgeable, kind and could tell us a lot about Inka culture. Also the food was amazing. We got a wide variety of food, even for breakfast! It seemed like our chef had really planned the menu notoriously.

However, I highly recommend you to train and prepare yourself fir this trek in advance. We ourselves have some experience in trekking in Swedish mountains, but this is something else. We were a bit overwhelmed the first day when we realised the whole trail is basically first walking down a valley, then walking uphill for several hours until you reach the Inka site, and then walk back the same way. However, since we learned how hard this trek was, I think we enjoyed the Inka site even more when we arrived. If you are a little bit uncertain, perhaps it would be better to do the 5D trek to be sure you have enough time on the Inka site. However, we felt that it was enough with the 4D trek. We only visited the upper part of the site, but when walking there you can see the lower terrases from a distance.

Note that there are a lot of mosquitos here, so you need to make sure to bring a good repellent. Also, the trail is very hot during some parts. Make sure you bring a sunhat and sun lotion. One of the days I was really hot and decided to walk in shorts, for the nextcoming week I regret this decisions due to the multiple mosquiti bites I got.. So please wear long pants.

1  Thank Maja M
CarlosBordaR, Gerente at Peru Summit, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2020

Hello dear Maja M

We appreciate a lot for taking your time to share your experience about the trek we had in CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 4 DAYS, which makes so happy to our Peru Summit Adventures crew and very happy to know that you had an amazing experience with us while exploring this less popular trekking destination in Cusco. Delivering the local culture, history, cuisine, and leading you safely to every destination was a great pleasure and made with a passion, which is one of our main core values to create experiences of a lifetime.

Thank you so much for traveling with us and being part of Peru Summit Adventures experience. Hopefully, we see you again in our future journeys and we'll be waiting for you with our open arms.

Reviewed 21 June 2019

We booked the 5D/4N Ausengate Trek with Peru Summit Adventures and it was a unique experience. Despite the breathtaking landscapes, the trip was very professionally organized: before starting the trek Carlos visited us in our hostel to explain all the details of the trek, the exact route, what's included and what's not, where we will sleep and how high we will go. At this point I'd like to underline his constant availability and prompt responses to any of our questions, which made a very good impression. The quality of the rented gear (hiking poles and sleeping bags) was outstanding, despite chilly temperatures especially at night, we did not freeze. Juan-Carlos, our guide was dedicated and professional throughout the whole tour, he has a huge knowledge of fauna and flora and a great sense of humor. Moreover, when we were short of oxygen at higher altitudes, he kept motivating us. The cooks, Julio-Cesar and Gustavo spoiled us with a variety of delicious meals, they even baked a cake without an oven...?! Francisco and his team of arrieros did an amazing job, they always arrived before us to the camp site in order to set up all the tents in advance and thus, made our stay as comfortable as possible. I would definitely book again with Peru Summit Adventures, it was a great experience.

Hello dear Anna

We appreciate a lot for taking your time to share your experience about the trek we had in AUSANGATE TREK + RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 5 DAYS, which makes so happy to our Peru Summit Adventures crew and very happy to know that you had a fantastic experience with us while exploring this pristine trekking destination in Cusco. Delivering the local culture, history, cuisine, and leading you safely to every destination was a great pleasure and made with a passion, which is one of our main core values to create experiences of a lifetime.

Reviewed 14 June 2019

Recently along with some friends we walked the Salkantay Trek organised and guided by Peru Summit. Peru Summit were fantastic in every way. Everything was well thought through and very organised. Amongst the many highlights were our head cook Evangelio who was a genius in cooking three course meals over a fire in a single pot. What he managed to cook for us was extraordinary. He also made a birthday cake in a pot on my birthday which was an amazing effort over the campfire! Our guide Fernando was also brilliant. He took time to understand how we wanted to complete the trip as well as share his incredible knowledge on Peru including Peruvian political history. Carlos also went out of his way to make sure we had everything we need. Overall I highly recommend Peru Summit but make sure you are given the option to climb Huayna Picchu when in Machu Picchu. We weren't which our only dissapointment of the entire trip.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Daryl S

Hello dear Daryl

We appreciate a lot for taking your time to share your experience about the trek we had in SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 5 DAYS, which makes so happy to our Peru Summit Adventures crew and very happy to know that you had an amazing experience with us while exploring this popular trekking destination in Cusco. Delivering the local culture, history, cuisine, and leading you safely to every destination was a great pleasure and made with a passion, which is one of our main core values to create experiences of a lifetime.

Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

I did the 5 day Ausengate Trek (including the rainbow Mountain) with a friend, these 5 days were the best days on our trip so far. Carlos the owner met us twice before we started the trek. The first time was just because we wanna have some more informations about the trek, the second time we met with the other hikers and our guide JC for the briefing.
JC the guide was such a lovely, helpful and funny guy and he did his Job really well! He took care of us, helped the once which were fighting with the altitude and motivated us when ever we needed! The chef cook Julio Cesar und his assistant Gustavo created everytime fantastic meals and surprised us with beautiful creation and even backed some cake!
Last but not least our three horsemen Francisco, Dimas and Jenaro were the most funniest guys you can imagine. Whenever you saw them they were in a good mood!
Muchas gracias!!

1  Thank lulomelo

Hello dear Lulomelo

We appreciate a lot for taking your time to share your experience about the trek we had in AUSANGATE TREK + RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 5 DAYS, which makes so happy to our Peru Summit Adventures crew and very happy to know that you had an amazing experience with us while exploring this pristine trekking destination in Cusco. Delivering the local culture, history, cuisine, and leading you safely to every destination was a great pleasure and made with a passion, which is one of our main core values to create experiences of a lifetime.

Reviewed 2 June 2019

I cannot even begin to put into words what an amazing experience my group had with Peru Summit Adventures. When my fiance and I decided we wanted to get married in Peru and do a trek with some of our closest friends and family, I had no idea where to start planning, as I have never been to the country and don't speak the language. Thankfully a good from of mine referred me to Carlos.

From the first email, I could tell immediately that Carlos was the man for the job. Throughout the entire planning process he was beyond thorough and detail oriented and helpful. There was no question or request too big. Also the response time was always within a few hours.

When I first started planning I could barely wrap my head around how I was going to get 13 people to Peru for this 5 day trek and then an additional 7 people to join us at the end of the trek. Logistically I just didn't know where to start. Carlos explained everything in detail and took care of EVERYTHING.

The 5 day trek turned into a complete custom trip for Pete, myself and all of our guests. From transportation of our guests to and from the airport and hotels and train stations, their luggage from point A to point B, Carlos even suggested a restaurant in Urubamba for our wedding reception, called and made the reservation for me and assisted in creating a custom menu for our wedding reception. Carlos and our tour guide also joined for the wedding festivities.

All and all Carlos and I spoke via email at least 3 times a week for almost 4 months. From my silly questions about trail running shoes vs hiking boots, to booking everything for 20 people. He got the job done and everything went exactly as planned. I can't thank him enough.

Now for the actual trek, absolutely amazing! Fernando, or Nando as he came to be called after just a short few hours, and Juve were the two guides that took our crazy bunch of 13 through the Andes mountains to Machu Picchu. Along the way both became more than just our guides, they became friends that we will continue to stay in touch with.

Nando had his work cut out for him with us. We had a large group and people with varying skill levels. Everyday we were able to access the trek ahead of us and he gave us several different options to get to our destination. Occassionally it wasn't the plan A that I planned with Carlos, sometimes we decided that plan B or C was better for our group. This was a huge help, because as you get into this 5 day trek you start to realize what is right for your group.

The trek was so beautiful, from being at a glacial lake, to within an hour dredging through the mud in the jungle. From cold nights, to being sticky and muddy in the jungle, I wouldn't change a thing!

Also big thank you to our horsemen and chefs, we had 4 of each for our group. They were so welcoming and accommodating. Especially considering we had a couple vegetarians, one vegan, people who couldn't have dairy, we had it all and they were able to prepare meals to fit everyone's diets. The food was delicious and there was a lot of it! The chefs even made us a celebratory cake for our upcoming wedding. You will not go hungry with Peru Summit, that's for sure.

We fell so in love with South America and Peru Summit, we are already talking about what our next trip with them is going to be. I would refer anyone and everyone to Peru Summit. They exceeded expectations!

Carlos, Nando, Juve and the whole PSA crew, we cannot thank you enough for making our long shot wedding dream a reality. I didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off, but we made it happen!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank cravenm07

Hello dear Meridith

We appreciate a lot for taking your time to share your experience about the wedding trek we had in SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 5 DAYS, which makes so happy to our Peru Summit Adventures crew and very happy to know that you had a fantastic experience with us while exploring this popular trekking destination in Cusco, before your wedding day at Machu Picchu. Delivering the local culture, history, cuisine, and leading you safely to every destination was a great pleasure and made with passion, which is one of our main core values to create experiences of a lifetime.