Travel One Expeditions - Day Tours
Review Highlights
The most memorable trip ever

It's been a while since I went to Peru, 2012 to be exact but the dates visited doesn't allow you to... read more

Reviewed 30 June 2017
Ismael F
via mobile
This is the best trek

Reviewed 31 August 2016
Todd H

All reviews his team edgar orchids sites trail guide peru
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I did the 5 day Salkantay trip along with two of my friends and had an awesome time. It is very clear that Edgar has been doing this for a long time. He is the perfect guide for any trek around the Cusco area. Here's why:
-He is a skilled hiker/camper and is able to adjust to the skill level of the hikers
-He is fluent in English and Spanish
-He is funny and entertaining which makes even a difficult hike much more enjoyable
-He is knowledgeable about the native culture, traditions, geology, animals, etc. There wasn't a question he couldn't answer
-He is professional and knows the business well. You will have a well planned trip with him

I have nothing bad to say about Edgar. I highly recommend booking with Travel One.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Did a 5 day trek with Edgar and his guys. He really pulled out all the stops to make sure everything went according to plan. Food was excellent. Would recommend this company to anyone interested in doing the Salkantay/Machu Picchu trek.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Edgar Peralta and his team took us on the Lares Trek, comfortably guiding us through the mountains and valleys, introducing us to the Peruvian Alps in the most memorable way. We were signed up with Travel One via our travel agent Michael at LatinAmericaForLess. Amazing!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016

My friend and I took the 5 day Salkantay Trek with Edgar as our guide and it was INCREDIBLE! He and the rest of the staff were informative, approachable and fun! We spent the first night camped at the base of a glacier with an unbelievable view of the stars. As he trekked we got to see a small farming community, hot springs and many amazing natural sites, animals and plants. Once we got to Machu Piccu he gave us a tour of the site complete with an encyclopedic knowledge of it's secrets and surprises.

Edgar is incredibly knowledgable about the history and culture of the area, doing a fantastic job of passing on his enthusiasm and wonder for the area and it's peoples. He is also very professional and able to tailor trips to different abilities, knowing how to make sure his hikers are safe and well cared for at all times. I would recommend him as a guide to anyone. Once in a lifetime experience - don't miss out!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed 26 September 2015

We met Edgar at the train station in Ollantaytambo while we were picking up some additional water for our trek and right away, we knew we were in for a real treat: Funny and upbeat and ready for a good 2 days on the Inca Trail and touring Machu Picchu. On the train up to KM104 he took care to point out and explain the area and history we were traveling thru. His pride and respect for environment and culture continued thru the rest of the journey: discovering and showing off the tiniest orchids on the trail to explaining why chinchillas are running around Machu Picchu, his sharing of knowledge enhanced both days we spent with him and when saying good-by it truly felt like we were hugging a friend and not "just" a guide.

Date of experience: September 2015