Travel One Expeditions - Day Tours
Review Highlights
The most memorable trip ever

It's been a while since I went to Peru, 2012 to be exact but the dates visited doesn't allow you to... read more

Reviewed 30 June 2017
Ismael F
via mobile
5 days of bliss

This was the best trip I have ever taken. The food was great the tour guide was fantastic and the... read more

Reviewed 12 October 2016
Brackettt
via mobile

All reviews his team edgar orchids sites trail guide peru
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

We trekked with Edgar with a large group of friends. He was absolutely amazing. He has all the characteristics a talented guide should have: knowledgable, patient, kind, and fun. Any problems or questions we had, Edgar was happy to help us take care of it. And, he's a walking encyclopedia. But what made Edgar go above and beyond is how much love and respect he had for the people and culture around him. Because of Edgar, our group developed a genuine appreciation for Peruvian and Incan culture.

I would absolutely recommend Edgar to anyone as a guide. He has all the logistics down pat, and is a well-known and trusted guide.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 15 June 2015

After researching several Inca Trail operators, I chose Edgar's Four Day Inca Trek Tour, and had the time of my life. Edgar led our pack through the Lost City, stopping sporadically to share cultural anecdotes of Machu Picchu while picking wild fruit for us to taste, never leaving a moment unfulfilled. The first day was a simple and short trek, and the second was the hardest. After an ascent of five hours, we reached the highest point where other hikers rested, and we stopped to look at the clouds below us, which we learned was no accident ("the higher the mountain, the closer to God"). A word of advice: As hot as it might be before you start the ascent, make sure you take a jacket because it becomes colder as you rise to the top.

After every hike, we'd arrive to the campsite with our tents set up by the true heroes--the Porters--who gracefully waltzed like ballerinas over uneven paths with fifty-pound bags strapped to their backs, and still managed to setup camp to make us feel at home in the wilderness. The third day we descended three thousand steps (yes, thousand*), and after a few hours we reached a rest stop, where we sat and watched the roaring Urubamba River carve through the valley. We woke up at three in the morning on the last day, and made the line with all the other hikers to begin the short trek to the Sun Gates. It was pitch black, and everyone spoke excitedly and the energy was intense. After the entrance opened, we walked for what felt like forty-five minutes, the darkness fading into light with every step. It was broad daylight by the time we made it to the Sun Gates, and it was the most beautiful experience I've ever felt. Some hikers covered their mouths in awe, others hugged and cried, I just stood dumb struck--the feeing was bigger than my body. In my short trip, I made memories and friendships for a lifetime, and I cannot encourage you enough to choose Travel One Expeditions for an authentic Machu Picchu experience. Edgar, you're the man.

(Note: this trip was from March, 2014, not 2015).

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 13 June 2015

Did the 4 day hike to Machu Picchu last year and Edgar was funny & amazing. The whole trip went very smooth. Edgar has good knowledge about the region and was very informative. The hike was never rushed and took good care of the group. Would definitely chose him if I do the Salkantay hike.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Edgar and Louis were our guides for the 2-day Inca Trek last month. Our group of 10 had a great time hiking the Inca trail with these guys. They are very friendly, energetic, and knowledgeable. We learned a lot about the history of the Incas, the meaning behind every small detail of Machu Picchu, and even unique plants along the Inca trail.

Edgar and Louis always have a smile on their faces and are eager to share their culture, language, and food with us. I learned quite a few Spanish phrases from them. They are also interested in learning about where we came from. It was a great cultural exchange. They even tried our rice krispies and I hope they liked it.

All in all, these guys are great. Our group had an awesome experience there and would highly recommend these guys!!

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 4 June 2015

Edgar made my group's Machu Picchu experience the most amazing thing ever. He is hilarious and incredibly friendly. I would highly recommend him and his agency to anyone interested in doing the hike.

Date of experience: October 2014