“Great location and staff, cute decor”
Review of Piccola Locanda

Piccola Locanda
Ranked #38 of 480 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed 12 March 2015

We stayed here five nights and also left our bags before heading to Machu Picchu. Very cute place, lots of neat decorations. Easy to find, albeit a steep hike, and very close to Plaza de Armas and access to the ruins north of town (Sacsayhuamán). Camilo gave us TONS of information about places to visit. I speak pretty good Spanish, so no issues with communication. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good (cereal with milk, bread/jam/butter, sometimes cheese/ham, juice and tea), and it was self-serve so we could go up for seconds easily. Good hours (7:30-10:30am) for breakfast so we could sleep late if we wanted to. Awesome view from our room (Cecilia) and the rooftop. Our shower was the only problem the whole time - it definitely had hot water, but we couldn't seem to control the temperature (fluctuated from scalding to freezing without changing the handles/dials). Never asked them about the shower though, so perhaps it could've been fixed. Definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Cecilia was very good and cute - great view - although our shower was problematic (water temp wouldn...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Piccola Locanda

Reviewed 11 March 2015

We had an excellent experience during our stay at Piccola Locanda. Very friendly staff, beautiful rooms and very relaxed/homy atmosphere. Quite a hike to get to the hotel but worth it. It gets you prepped for Machu Picchu or other hikes you have planned. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2015

We really enjoyed Piccola Locanda - comfortable rooms, very clean bathrooms, great breakfast and, above all, very friendly staff and owners - they were really helpful!

We would definitely recommend it and come back for another visit!

Room Tip: be sure to check the address and know how to get there. it's on a small road with stairs (ie no...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2015

I never write reviews because I stay in a lot of hostels and I'm too lazy (traveling for over a year), but I write this review because of the unique generosity of the people here.

I stayed here several sets of nights over winter break. We stayed in three different rooms. All were clean, there were heaters, the mattresses were comfortable. The rooms were brightly painted and it's a great hostel. The common area is delightful; multiple nights the five of us just brought drinks back to the center area and played the classic Peruvian game, Zapito.

When the five of us first showed up at 6 am, they let us sleep in the common area and then let us into our rooms as soon as they were open. Then later, a month later I showed up at the door with my computer, asking to just sit in their main area and use their internet for a couple of hours. They recognized me and warmly welcomed me in. I had to download multiple gbs of data and the internet was fast enough to do it in a little over an hour. I really appreciate them.

One final thing, profits go to an orphanage and new alternative school in the sacred valley.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2015

This place was suggested to me by a friend and true to his recommendation it does have character. It is beautifully done up especially the rooms. My husband and I stayed at this place for 2 nights, and we were the only ones at the B&B. A lot of TA reviews have mentioned about the number of steps to the place, which at Cusco’s altitude, is a definite problem, especially the day one lands.
The view of the Plaza de Armas from the room was beautiful. The breakfast was basic, and what I liked was the unlimited availability of coco leaves/ tea (something that was very useful for me during my Machu Pichu trek).

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple