“Superb service - great value for money”
Review of Piccola Locanda

Piccola Locanda
Ranked #40 of 499 Speciality Lodging in Cusco
Reviewed 2 March 2015

We really enjoyed Piccola Locanda - comfortable rooms, very clean bathrooms, great breakfast and, above all, very friendly staff and owners - they were really helpful!

We would definitely recommend it and come back for another visit!

Room Tip: be sure to check the address and know how to get there. it's on a small road with stairs (ie no...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 January 2015

I never write reviews because I stay in a lot of hostels and I'm too lazy (traveling for over a year), but I write this review because of the unique generosity of the people here.

I stayed here several sets of nights over winter break. We stayed in three different rooms. All were clean, there were heaters, the mattresses were comfortable. The rooms were brightly painted and it's a great hostel. The common area is delightful; multiple nights the five of us just brought drinks back to the center area and played the classic Peruvian game, Zapito.

When the five of us first showed up at 6 am, they let us sleep in the common area and then let us into our rooms as soon as they were open. Then later, a month later I showed up at the door with my computer, asking to just sit in their main area and use their internet for a couple of hours. They recognized me and warmly welcomed me in. I had to download multiple gbs of data and the internet was fast enough to do it in a little over an hour. I really appreciate them.

One final thing, profits go to an orphanage and new alternative school in the sacred valley.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2015

This place was suggested to me by a friend and true to his recommendation it does have character. It is beautifully done up especially the rooms. My husband and I stayed at this place for 2 nights, and we were the only ones at the B&B. A lot of TA reviews have mentioned about the number of steps to the place, which at Cusco’s altitude, is a definite problem, especially the day one lands.
The view of the Plaza de Armas from the room was beautiful. The breakfast was basic, and what I liked was the unlimited availability of coco leaves/ tea (something that was very useful for me during my Machu Pichu trek).

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2015

Stayed here twice during my trip in Peru. I loved this place! Its colorful interior and friendly staff made it a home away from home. We arrived on a rainy night and called the staff on our way to the hostel to let them know we are coming, and one of the staff waited outside the door to welcome us with an umbrella! The room was very clean and I was happy with its great location, hot shower, breakfast and the staff's recommendation on things to see and places to eat. I would definitely stay here again if I go back to Cusco.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hayon N
Reviewed 13 January 2015

I can’t recommend this place enough. Nice rooms, consistent hot water, and great common areas. Cusco in general tends to be expensive, so I think this is a good value for your money although it's more than a basic hostel. The staff was really helpful and promptly took care of any needs. It is run by a family and helps fund a school. There was a mistake with the online reservation, but they took responsibility and found us a place and got our cab. I’ve never seen this kind of customer service in Peru! It was great. Really enjoyable place to be.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back (away from the street) are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends