1,609 results
All reviews free taxi service cell phone to call machu picchu quiet residential neighborhood sacred valley minute drive home away from home train station the hotel staff hotel is located hot tea eggs the main square inca trail town centre chicken soup coca tea
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We booked the hotel based on good reviews and we are very glad we did! The staff members replied very fast with all our inquiries prior to the trip. At first I was a bit disappointed knowing we had to take a taxi to get to downtown, but they made it very convenient for us by providing a small cellphone to directly contact them in case we needed to be picked up at the meeting point.
Staff member Marco is very nice and helpful. He serves with a smile and is warm and kind. Well done Marco!
The place is like a home away from home. If you like to stay in a quiet place I definitely recommend this. The only issue though is, the doors /walls are thin and if you have noisy room neighbors (such as ours) then it would be a bit inconvenient. Nonetheless, I recommend to stay in this nice little hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Torre D, Owner at Hotel Torre Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for appreciating our efforts to make you feel at home. As this small hotel is noted for giving great personalized service, we do everything we can so that your stay in Cusco will be like a breeze.
Thank you again for staying with us, please send us such nice people as you are.
All the best to you and your family!
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 October 2018

I can't say enough about Hotel Torre Dorado. The staff there is absolutely amazing! I booked our trip myself, and I was struggling to contact some of the tour companies that I booked with- so the hotel staff contacted them and made sure everything was good to go! I don't know what I would have done without them. Also, we did a lot of hiking so we had to miss breakfast several days. Before we left each morning, the staff had packed us a breakfast so we wouldn't be leaving on an empty stomach. The rooms were impeccably clean and the buffet breakfast was delicious. One of the best parts is the private taxi at the hotel. You simply ask them to call the taxi and say where you want to go, and they take you for a low fee- plus they give you a cell phone to call them whenever you are ready to be picked up. I wish that every hotel was as helpful as this one!

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2018

Personalized service could not have been any better. Staff and attention to detail is exceptional. Our rooms were spotless and breakfast was included. If I could rate it 10 stars I would. Choose this place to stay. You won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Torre D, Owner at Hotel Torre Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comment which in brief explains what we do. We try to be your home away from home.
I have been a foreigner myself for 35 years of my life and I think I know what our guests need when they are far away from home. We are trained to help you with anything that may arise during your stay.
It was a pleasure for us to have you and we want to wish you all the best now and in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Wonderful service! The staff were very helpful in helping us arrange our trip to Machu Picchu. We left our bags there while we were away for a few days.They also loaned us a phone so that we could arrange taxi service in Cuzco. Breakfast was great.The staff was very friendly and thoughtful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Torre D, Owner at Hotel Torre Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Guest,
Thanks for staying with us. We really appreciate your comments.
All the best to you and your family.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We were met by Darwin who took the time to sit down with us as soon as we walked in to show a map of the city, how to get to the Plaza, explaining the services the hotel offers (like lending us a cell phone with the hotel phone preprogrammed in case we need them to pick us up, etc); the rooms are extremely clean, beautiful; there is a nice terrasse on the top, the dining room is all big windows and their delicious breakfast will keep you full for a long time. Carina will cook you eggs/omelet as you like and will serve them with the kindest word and the biggest smile. If you had the chance to have a talk with Peggy, the owner, you will learn about her interesting life. THANKS TO ALL

Room tip: all rooms are perfect
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello! Dear Guest
It was a pleasure having you with us and thank you so much for your visit. We are grateful for your comments and they make us work even better and harder.
Hope to have again the pleasure of your visit, if you ever come back to Cusco this will always be your home away from home.
The Staff and myself wish you all the best.