New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #78 of 161 Hotels in Cusco
Australia
“Would stay here again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights (2 nights then travelled around and returned for another 2 nights). The second time was like coming home! The staff were welcoming and happy and helpful. The place is a little tired around the edges but we had two excellent rooms with 4 queensize beds. Lots of sleeping options! Rooms were serviced beautifully every day and everything was clean. We left a bottle of wine in storage when we went travelling and the staff made sure it was kept cold for our return! The place has atmosphere, is in a great location two short blocks from the main square and breakfast is excellent. Ask for poached eggs if you don't like omelettes - they were great. We didn't eat in the restaurant at night so can't comment on that but they did have the pizza oven going one cold night when we returned and it looked fabulous.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cathydel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We loved staying at this hotel. In fact, we have been travelling for quite a while and this has been our favourite. The room we had was enormous. It was clean, warm, comfortable and we loved coming back to it. The location is excellent. The breakfast was nice. The staff were friendly. The price was fair. There is nothing bad to say about this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the road which was just perfect.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChristineandBrendon
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights during the end of a solo visit to the Sacred Valley. I read reviews that the hotel needs updating, that it was in a good location, and that the breakfast buffet was excellent. I cared more about the location than anything else.
Traveling solo, I liked that the hotel was just a couple of blocks from the main square (Plaza de Armas) and just down the street from a large square (cannot recall the name). On the morning before my flight, there was a large gathering at the square of children dressed in their colorful native attire. It was the first day of the Festival of the Sun celebration, and the children looked adorable. The location of the hotel was great for visiting landmarks around the City, going to restaurants and the area felt very safe, even at night.
Regarding the hotel needing updating, the hotel was very large and appeared to be rather grand in its' heyday. However, compared to the B&B and small hotel that I stayed in Ollantaytambo and Aquas Calientes, this place felt safe and secure. I also liked that there was heat in the rooms because I literally froze at the other places.
The second evening of my stay, I became extremely ill with vomiting, diarrhea and shivering. I attributed this to a restaurant I had eaten at earlier. The following day, I didn't have the strength to visit the Sunday Pisac Market as I had wanted and just stayed in bed most of the day. I was so thankful for having heat in the room. I managed to make it downstairs that morning for fruit and juice. The staff appeared concerned and asked if there was anything they could do.
The hotel had a spa, sauna and jacuzzi. In consideration of my chills, and body aches from the previous week's excursions, I decided to use the sauna and jacuzzi. I had to wait until 3pm for it to open however, the hot water and steam was so therapuetic. Actually, the water was so hot in the pool, I had to keep getting out to cool off -lol. The cost was only $17 for 2 hours, although I did not need 2 full hours. Perhaps if I had someone else to talk to. I felt so much better afterward.
My room was an adequate size but smaller than the other 2 locations that I had stayed. The shower had plenty of hot water, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was filling, with made to order omelets, bread, pastry, meat, and freshly made juices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank aquablue
Asia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

The hotel has a perfect location in the middle of the city. Some rooms might be noisy as there is traffic close to the hotel They also have rooms that are more quiet.
Rooms are charming but need a bit of renovation.
They have a quite good breakfast with nice omelets.
Staff is ok but not much more.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Explorer71
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

its a good hotel, and at a reasonable cost, v popular due to its central locationn all the sites and main sq.

its not the most modern its very traditional but a good 4 start hotel but with 3 star rooms ...

you pay for the location ...

the breakfast was excellent .. and the eservcie was good .. www available but at a stupid cost ... your better off going to a nrby cafe.

stayed here before the Inca Trail and it was a good pick ... as we got picked up right outside!

the sq outside is beautiful too .. and peaceful and quiet at night ... no probs ...

its very sfae around here and easy walk to all the bars and sites

only 2-3mins

breakfast was great and servcie form the restaurant was too ... and nice old waiter even gave some of his own munia tea to help settle my stomach due to altitude sickness ...

its a hotel that has real character ... read som eof the other reviews ... I picked it cas of the reviews . excellent place .. would stay again .. .

although also check out the Torres Dorrado .. better facilities but 5mins in a taxi ... If I was goign with a girl I would pick Torres Dorrado .. just because of the quality rooms ... but if you want something on the sq then Royal Inka II is the one for you!

Nitin, FAizur, Angel