Sunset Hostel Cusco - Backpackers
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Tierra Viva Cusco San Blas(Cusco)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssunset houserooftop terracebed dormsan blasorganic restaurantattached restauranthot waterprivate roomrooms are basicfree breakfastenjoyed our staymachu picchubreadmaxisleeptaxisoles
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

I had an awesome time at Sunset House. The hostel is clean and well managed, and the owner is great fun and super helpful! I would definitely recommend the place, especially if you need a quiet place to stay at (quiet since there aren't many rooms so it doesn't get too packed).
The rooms and kitchen are tidy, there's a nice terrace upstairs and a room with tv and a few books adjacent to the kitchen.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Had a great stay at Sunset House Cusco!! the guy who runs the place, Miguel, is really great and helpful! The rooms were cozy and the duvet and bed was awesome - the best sleep I've had in a while! The kitchen was spacious and well equiped (which is rare)! Theres a very chilled out atmosphere here. I Would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The guys who run this place a re so nice and helpful. They will do whatever they can for you.
However..... Cold showers!!!!!!
Although they can be common in Peru.
Also, they seem to be undergoing renovations. So be prepared to wake up at 9am to saws and hammers

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at Sunset House for a week back in May. The hostel is very charming with colorful rooms, a nice little patio, well-equipped kitchen, solid wifi and a very friendly and helpful owner. They definitely have the best hot shower in Cusco!! That shower alone was worth my entire stay :)
This is a great deal for travelers wanting to enjoy the best of San Blas, great cost-benefit considering the centric location! Will recommend to anyone traveling to Cusco.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This hostel didn't add to our experience in Cusco at all, but it also didn't hurt it. It was clean, simple, and quiet. It didn't have a lot of character -- just a place to sleep. Sunset house would be a good option for someone who doesn't have any down time and only needs a clean, safe place to sleep.

I must mention that Manuel (the owner/manager) was very nice and accomadating.

Also, my husband and I went on a four day Machu Picchu tour, and I ended up catching a cold right when we got back to Cusco. Sunset House has a little living room that was empty the entire time we stayed there. Usually, I really like meeting fellow travelers in the common spaces, but at this time, I was grateful to make some hot tea, grab some snacks from the little mini market next door, and watch a movie in peace. My husband, who was feeling fine, bought a beer and joined me. It was what we both needed.

Normally though, I like a hostel that is in some way unique and is more lively while still being relatively quiet in the wee hours of the night. This one was good, but I literally did not meet one other traveler in the hostel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple