“Could not get enough of this place - FANTASIC!”
Review of Tartessos - CLOSED

Tartessos
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 17
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Seattle
“Could not get enough of this place - FANTASIC!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My family and I were traveling for our Christmas vacation and were in Cusco for two nights...both nights we ate at Tartessos and would have dined here every meal of our trip if we could have! The food was amazing, easily 5 stars. I ordered the filet in filo with sautéed spinach and potatoes and it literally was about 12oz of perfectly cooked steak, some of the best I have ever had, with delicious mashed potatoes, seasoned to perfection and the display of the food was top notch. Every dish we ate was immaculate and delicious. The price as it related to US dollars is a screaming steal! For my steak dinner (which in the US would have easily been priced at about $100+) was about $16...crazy! The wait-staff was superb, absolutely catering to us and so friendly. My only complaint is that the price of drinks was a little steep comparative to the rest of the area, but nothing to really complain about. They did have a great selection of tapas, a whole section of vegetarian food...this place is definitely one not to miss, make sure if you are in Cusco to stop by! I really can't say enough good things about this place! Excellent work Tartessos, we are thinking about planning another trip to Peru just so we can visit you again!!

• Visited December 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Sao Paulo
“A pleasant experience.”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Modern peruvian cuisine. First-class service. All very professional. Highlight for Cinthia who served us on two nights at this nice restaurant.

San Francisco, California
“WOW...exciting Mediterranean/Peruvian Fusion”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We were strolling along toward the main plaza and were attracted by their outdoor sign...wines/tapas, etc.
Unbelievable menu, service and food! At 3 in the afternoon, we were treated to a mostly vegetarian tapas extravaganza. Every morsel was prepared to perfection...with intricate flavors and unique preparations. We each had a couple of glasses of wine, plus enough food to fill us several times over AND we walked away paying only about $30 each!
They also have full size entrees which we came back for the next day before heading for the airport. The salads...WOW, everything was perfect.
Even the atmosphere...beautiful interior design and colors.
Run, don't walk to Tartessos!

Redondo Beach, California
“Tasty and convenient to Libertador Hotel”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I went to Tartessos after arriving late at night and not wanting to venture out alone before exploring during the day time. Perhaps because I was solo I was not given the tapas menu which I think I would have enjoyed more than the heavier meal. Creative combination of meditteranean and Peruvian. Good selection of wine.

Visited November 2011
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Amazing food, great location!”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I had dinner at Tartessos with my husband during our vacation in Peru. We spent a week in Cusco and this dinner was midweek, after some really delicious meals at a variety of Andean and novoAndean restaurants. But, Tartessos was far and away the most exciting meal of our trip! Tartessos is unique: it's Mediterranean cuisine and it features small plates that combine Mediterranean dishes with Andean ingredients. We were blown away by the fusion! Each one of these small plates has an exquisite set of flavors that burst on your tongue! You get an amazing variety of vegetarian and local ingredients, with Peruvian specialties, like alpaca, fish, and potatoes. And beyond that, there is a great selection of economically priced and tasty wines. The owners really know what the best buys are, and customers get a delicious surprise with every sip.

I haven't yet mentioned the location. Tartessos is on the second floor of an old colonial mansion with a beautiful interior garden. It's upstairs, above a really cool souvenir shop, and overlooks both the garden and the unforgettable Qorikancha ruins and monastery. It's about 3 blocks from the Plaza de Armas.

At lunchtime, you can eat outside on the balcony or have a glass of wine while you check your email (wireless access!). At dinner, you can eat in any of their brightly appointed rooms. Each one is cooler than the next, keeping the gorgeous original plaster work but updating it with bright, rich colors and social spaces. Don't miss the art galleries around the upstairs!