All reviews sun temple coca tea inca foundations plenty of warm water machu picchu historic building charming hotel spanish architecture superior room peruvian experience private driver central courtyard awesome stay heavy blankets four nights arranging taxis would highly recommend staying here
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Delightful, old hotel in Cusco - right opposite the Sun Temple. But this review is about the service. Altitude sickness was causing us some trouble and the entire staff at Unaytambo were simply wonderful. Nothing was too much effort for them and they made a short stay way better than it would have been except for their care. They prompted for a review and I am delighted to give it. Thanks

Room tip: Get a front room - large, comfortable and look out on to the fascinating street (noise no great problem)
Reviewed 8 August 2017

This boutique hotel is located in a great location, a short walking distance from the Plaza de Armas of Cusco City. The hotel is built on ancient Inca foundations and each room is unique from one another. The central courtyard is a great setting for the included morning breakfast. The staff are very friendly and were always ready to serve our requests. The small lobby always has hot water with tea and coffee available. I would highly recommend staying here for an authentic Peruvian experience.

Room tip: Superior rooms are on the second floor and have wonderful views.
Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 30 July 2017

I stayed at this beautiful hotel in the heart of historic Cusco the night after returning from the Inca trail. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. They watched my bags while I was on the trail and again during the hours of my last day between check-out time and my departing flight so that I could explore and enjoy my last day in the city. The hotel and courtyard were beautifully maintained. I really enjoyed returning from the outdoors to this warm, comfortable room and hot shower.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Great hotel and friendly staff close to tourist areas. They were very helpful with all our questions about restaurants and nearby sights! Good internet and plenty of warm water. The restaurant will make you omelets if requested!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We loved our stay at this beautiful old hotel. Built on Inca foundations, with an interesting history. Our room was delightful. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good. It was only a short walk to the main square and other sites of interest. Highly recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2017